Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of Radar Sensor Systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for an experienced Systems Engineer to provide engineering support to the systems, software, integration & test, and field engineering teams as part of the Airborne Early Warning Reconnaissance and Surveillance Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS Radar Programs.
These activities include:
* Provide technical guidance to the integration and test teams in the field (travel required) on behalf of the systems engineering team * Provide systems engineering technical oversight for field systems deployment and acceptance tests * Perform on-site assessment of key system health and performance metrics as systems are integrated * Interface between members of the systems, software, hardware, and test engineering teams * Interface with field engineers for troubleshooting and fault isolation * Technical presentations to both internal and external customers * Technical leadership through peer reviews of system architecture, software, hardware, and field test data * Candidate should be a strong team player and work effectively to provide cost effective solutions * Candidate must be willing to travel periodically with some extended stays on the east coast * Lead or participate in customer and program review presentations to provide status updates and work products
* 8+ years of experience in Integration, Test, and Data Analysis of Radar Systems * Ability to overcome challenges integrating complex systems involving hardware and software * Demonstrated interpersonal communication and presentation skills both verbal and written * Strong technical background and desire to learn and contribute to a team-oriented environment * U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems. * U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position needs an Active DoD or Higher U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of employment.
* 10+ years of experience in Integration, Test, and Data Analysis of Radar Systems * Experience with MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python * Experience Developing Mathematical Algorithms or Quantitative Analysis Techniques * Demonstrated team leadership experience
* B.S. in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Math, or related discipline
* Advanced Degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Math, or related discipline
142241BR 142241 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.