How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening for a Sr. Applications Technologist II position in IT Engineering Solutions organization as part of the Software Engineering team supporting Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Engineers.
Responsible for the release management, infrastructure maintenance and operational support, CI/CD, end user support, and supplier engagement of the Configuration Management (CM) tools with particular emphasis on the Atlassian suite of tools, IBM CLM, and Git. Actively engage with strategic suppliers to resolve issues and provide input on future product directions. Additionally, be a key team member helping the organization deliver service excellence around the following activities: adoption of DevOps tool chains, agile planning expertise and automated build & release execution.
Location: Fort Wayne, IN; El Segundo, CA; or Dallas, Texas
* Engage and consult with programs on the implementation of Software CM Engineering solutions; act as a change agent to steer programs in the use of and adoption of strategic solutions and emerging technologies.
* Develop and deploy Configuration Management and Change Management solutions to programs.
* Provide technical knowledge and act as a CI/CD subject matter expert.
* Provide general user support for Atlassian suite and IBM suite of tools.
* Manage the deployment schedule and execution of software CM engineering solutions.
* Work with the programs, vendors, and SAS IT Engineering Solutions team to understand, plan, and implement migrations off of legacy CM systems.
* Function as part of the virtual SAS Engineering Solutions Software Engineering services team.
* Identify, document, and champion software CM engineering automation best practices and improvements which help engineers be more productive.
* Engage in new technology investigations and evaluations from strategic vendors. For high ROI capabilities, be part of a team to lead the pilot and deployment of these emerging technologies.
* Bachelor's degree and minimum of 6+ year's professional experience.
* Detailed working knowledge of Configuration Management Tools and SW CM practices (minimum of Atlassian suite, IBM RTC and Git).
* Ability to implement a CI/CD pipeline.
* Strong understanding and implementation experience of Agile / Scrum / Kanban.
* Strong automation background with the ability to troubleshoot / solve complex problems.
* Strong communication, presentation, and people skills with ability to interface with senior lead engineers and program management personnel.
* Ability to multi-task, to support multiple customers, and to work within specific schedule and cost constraints.
* Strong teamwork skills - able to interact productively with end users, analysts, other Raytheon personnel, and customers in a diverse team setting.
* This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
* Program experience in the area of Software Engineering.
* CI/CD experience on one or more programs.
* Strong scripting background with an understanding of REST API, Curl and Postman.
* Experience with IBM Rational Synergy/Change Synergy, ClearCase, ClearQuest and Subversion implementations.
* Knowledge and experience with software engineering best practices and work instructions.
* Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker)
* Customer-focused mindset
* Experience in implementing automated deployment tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, …)
* Process experience generating process documentation/tooling aids and instructing others in a SW process area
* Existing secret or top secret security clearance
Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
IN - Ft. Wayne
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.