We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We're looking for a talented Senior Platform / Infrastructure engineer to join our fast-growing team! In this role you will get to work on challenging technical problems, and create a best-in-class internal platform to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our engineering team.
Our team primarily uses Go, Python, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Bazel, AWS (EC2), GCP (GCE, GKE, BigQuery), and Terraform as our tools of choice, but we're open to improving this stack with your input!
Platform as a Service
* Develop, enhance, and operate scalable and highly available components for our Kubernetes-based container platform which all teams at Cruise use to run their production workloads
* Build self-service Continuous Delivery tooling to support deployment and lifecycle management of a wide range of compute workloads and services at Cruise
* Design systems which improve and standardize the observability of services deployed on our platform
Build & Simulation Infrastructure
* Design solutions to improve the scalability and efficiency of our simulation clusters, across both public cloud & physical hardware
* Develop Bazel Remote Build Execution services to offload compilation & test execution from developer machines to a high performance cloud build farm
* Improve the performance & reliability of our core CI and simulation pipelines
* Develop automated solutions to manage and report on thousands of integration tests covering a wide range of driving scenarios
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Design and develop scalable distributed systems to support the unique engineering challenges faced at Cruise
* Build automation tools and frameworks for on-demand deployment environments, infrastructure provisioning and service management
* Evaluate new tools and technologies through POCs and propose solutions for implementation
* Drive software engineering best practices within your team, and create tooling which encourages these across the company
* Participate in an on-call rotation for the critical platform(s) your team provides to the company
* Continually improve reliability of our production systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* 5+ years experience building scalable production systems
* Experience writing Go, or a desire to learn
* Experience using Kubernetes, or other container orchestration solutions
* Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
* Thorough understanding of Unix/Linux and networking fundamentals
* Attention to detail, and a desire to improve processes & systems around you
* Ability to manage competing priorities, focus on shipping, and work well under pressure
* Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
* Experience using Terraform to manage cloud-based infrastructure
* Experience running container-based GPU workloads
* Experience designing data infrastructure or ETL pipelines
* Experience working with Bazel or similar build systems (Buck, Pants)
* Experience writing modern C++
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your workstation
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.