Cruise Automation, Inc.
We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Quality Release Engineer to own the release and deployment of a stack of code while working to triage issues seen on the road.
In this position, you will be a Quality Engineering thought leader who works with internal stakeholders to implement streamlined processes that ensure our ability to scale effectively as well as a driver of internal automation projects.
If you're interested in shaping the future of Quality Engineering at Cruise, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Supporting development and execution of testing programs including simulation, road, environmental, and decision making
* Performing root cause analysis on complex integrated systems
* Supporting Engineering and Safety teams in module evaluation, real-world data collection, analysis, and testing
* Evaluating and analyzing autonomous driver performance to support development and safety
* Supporting implementation of safety methodology, documentation, requirements, and tests
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* 7-10+ years' experience with root cause analysis experience or complex troubleshooting across multidisciplinary systems
* BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or another related field
* Proficiency with the Linux command line interface
* Strong spatial comprehension and computational skills
* Passion for building self-driving technology and understand its potential impact on the world
* Python, or other scripting language experience
* GitHub and git experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
About Cruise Automation, Inc.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.
Cruise Automation, Inc.