We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise's Simulation Platform team enables AV engineers to use simulation to accelerate the development of autonomous vehicles. We provide the ability to rapidly build, thoroughly test at scale, and analyze how code changes affect the car's behavior. Our vision is to provide a destination to inform engineers, within minutes, whether a code change improves safety and comfort, and if not, what areas need focus.
* Design and implement scalable systems to support the complex engineering challenges faced at Cruise
* Ship improvements to our AV development toolchain which have a measurable and direct impact on engineering productivity and our core company metrics
* Build systems capable of simulating millions of miles of driving every day, and reporting the results and metrics obtained from these
* Create new ways to measure and understand results of these simulations
* Drive software engineering best practices both within your team and across the company, and create tooling which encourages these
* 5+ years experience building scalable production systems
* Experience building large, scalable software systems in at least one of Go, Node.js, or Python
* Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
* Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
* Attention to detail and a passion for quality
* Experience with core GCP technologies
* Deep expertise with Go
* Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, especially for running GPU workloads
* Experience writing modern production C++ applications
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your workstation
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.