Cubic Mission Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Plans, implements, maintains, and supports mission critical network infrastructure across multiple sites. Ensures that high availability network features operate optimally and are implemented correctly. Monitors network performance and proactively gives input for capacity and performance management plans. Manages secure external network interfaces by interacting with service providers, customers, and other 3rd parties. Responsible for providing optimal network performance and availability, appropriate network security, remote access to the network in accordance with published policies and standards. This role requires advanced experience in all areas of the network stack that includes routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, gateways, LAN and WAN communication links and dynamic routing protocols and strong multicast background at layer II and III. Collaborates instinctively with systems engineers and systems administrators to ensure proper integration and configuration of servers, application delivery controllers, and other connected devices. This position typically works under general supervision and direction of IT Operations Managers. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains detailed network documents, including physical and logical network Visio diagrams, routing details, IP address assignments, and network configuration changes
* Contributes to published documents such as design specifications, system administration guides, product guides, and reference designs.
* Conducts architecture expansion and integration of new equipment that includes routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and servers.
* Conducts research and implementation of technical automation techniques for equipment configuration and optimization.
* Plans, documents, and supports network, and computing infrastructure
* Conducts architecture development tasks to include design, integration and formal product field testing.
* Installs new IT infrastructure hardware, systems, and software
* Installs, configures, and maintains all network services, equipment, and devices related to firmware and operating system upgrades and new hardware parts installation.
* Monitors and analyzes LAN-WAN performance. Troubleshoots network problems and outages.
* Strong static and dynamic routing background to include BGP, OSPF, EIGRP and GRE protocols.
* Captures network traffic as necessary and facilitates analysis of packets utilizing Wireshark and other network monitoring tools and packet sniffers.
* Participates in evaluations of new hardware and software.
* Plans, documents, and implements network component changes as part of new network deployments or hardware/technology refreshes.
* Acts as level 3 support in an organization that operates fast-paced production environments.
* Opens support cases with vendors or service providers as necessary. Manages cases to resolution.
* Participates in large cross-functional projects under the direction of project management team.
* Captures and analyzes network utilization, statistics and requirements from network stack, application engineers, systems administrators, operations teams, and business units and transforms them into operable and secure network changes.
* Participates in service management processes such as incident, change, and configuration management.
* Professionally interacts with customers during network implementations, acceptance tests, and troubleshooting.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four year college degree plus five or more years of experience in networking and systems maintenance and operation. Current CCNP, CCDP, or higher Cisco certification. Degree in an Information Technology specialty, Computer Science, or other technical field preferred. Requires good interpersonal skills and ability to provide professional customer service. Must have in-depth knowledge of dynamic communication protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) with with strong knowledge of multicast utilizing IGMP and PIM protocols at layer II and III respectively, general data center networking concepts, switches, routers, and other communication devices. Must be proficient with Cisco Catalyst and ASA.
US citizenship is required for this position with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Must be able to utilize and contribute to the development of network management and monitoring systems. Must be able to quickly understand the types of application traffic that traverses the networks. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of spanning tree and its various implementations, including methods of limiting spanning tree domains. Must be able to use Visio and other Office applications to clearly represent layer 1 and 2 connectivity, layer 3 logical configurations, and other networking relationships. Basic yet diverse scripting skills including some knowledge of PYTHON and unix shell scripting. Video technologies knowledge of decoders and encoders is a plus Some travel required.
Additional experience in the following areas or with the following products is required: Network integration with virtual platforms, including VMware, and KVM. Load balancers and application delivery controllers. TACACS and other methods of AAA implementation, including integration with multi-factor authentication sources . Cisco Nexus IP networking and unified networking. Network QoS classification and prioritization for voice and other real time services. Dynamic routing protocol configuration and operation. BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP. WAN circuit implementation and management. Secure integration with server/infrastructure/platform virtual environment.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.