Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: The Senior Software Development Test Engineer (SDET) helps deliver the quality and performance of large scale, big data, custom hardware multi-platform software products that includes; web, API and mobile application interfaces. Incumbents in this position are experienced, hands on and self-motivated engineer who can work collaboratively in a continuous integration environment. This role involves working closely with Software Developers that includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product. The Senior SDET focuses on contributing to the development of automated Functional Integration tests and end-to-end tests through open source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Tests complex API, web and mobile based applications that reference database back-end systems.
* Creates and maintains automated test cases, executes test suites, reviews and diagnoses reported bugs, and ensures overall system quality prior to a customer release.
* Designs, develops, maintains, and troubleshoots automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value added feedback.
* Works with the engineering teams to derive testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
* Reproduces, debugs, and isolates problems and verify fixes.
* Works closely with software developers to create software artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports.
* Works cross functional areas with internal partner engineering teams in a disciplined agile environment.
* Estimates own testing tasks and works productively with minimum supervision while showing excellent team attitude.
* Represents team leadership and provides technical guidance and training to junior test personnel.
* Participates in the performance testing and analysis framework for a web services architecture containing ESB, BPM, and associated back-end applications.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline such as Science or Engineering, and a minimum of five years of experience, preferably in either a Software Development Engineer or (SDET) Software Development Engineer in Test role. Must have an understanding and ability to develop code in Java. Strong experience in API testing from SOAP, RESTful is required. Strong experience with XML, Databases and SQL. Hands-on experience with Linux, Windows, and/or mobile devices. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems in large systems. Experience with Test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and Appium is preferred. Must be detail oriented, analytical and creative thinker with passion for quality and test automation. Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills. Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables. Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems. Experience with tools & applications such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git and Artifactory/Maven. Must have previous experience with requirements, defect, functional, and performance management systems. Previous experience with transport ticketing or tolling systems is a plus. May be asked to work extended hours where required.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.