Mobile Engineer (Android, React Native)
Would you like to own a feature and content-rich mobile app and be continuously challenged by technical problems?
Are you a self-starter and an experienced Android developer?
Then Zazzle UI apps team is the place for you!
Zazzle prides itself on being an innovator and leader in the space of selling customizable goods made by Zazzle or by external manufacturers (aka makers). More often than not, we appear to set standards for other companies in terms of both how manufacturers plug their products in for sale on the Zazzle platform, but also how end consumers interact with our user interfaces to customize and buy these products. We have a challenging task to come up with configurable user interface solutions that will suit a diverse space of customizable products and customers, millions of them. UI engineers will deliver cutting edge user interfaces that will be innovative, compelling, efficient and accessible for both makers, designers and consumers and will perform well on a variety of client devices.
UI lead engineer needs to have both the design sense and strong technical know-hows to quickly grasp the problems, help define solutions, and iterate on interactions, animations and subtle details to deliver the perfect experience. Provided with high-level overviews, wireframes, and sometimes interactive prototypes from the Zazzle design team, mobile lead is to take this inspiration and turn it into reality, connecting people and pieces together, nailing the interactions through prototype work, adding or removing workflows or processes, as s/he finds it necessary. Partnered up with Product, Design, and Marketing teams, the UI lead will build and lead a small team of engineers, and be the integral link in the final implementation and upkeep of the Zazzle apps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead development of Android apps (native and React Native)
* Interact with Product, Marketing and Design team to refine specifications
* Implement new features in Java and/or React Native
* Monitor app metrics and stability and promptly patch issues
* Pitch in on public API development
* Drive issues and tasks to resolution
* Advocate for and help enforce best code practices
* 2+ years as individual contributor
* Experience building and administering medium to high complexity Android apps
* Strong background in Computer Science
* Strong technical expertise in mobile and specifically Android development, including framework, libraries, toolsets.
* Strategic mindset combined with pragmatic execution, and bias for action
* Experience leading projects, prior leadership and team-building experience are +++
* Educational Requirements:Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field, Math or EE.
Career Development And Training:
* Lots of internal tech talks by engineering team members.
* Opportunities to join various industry conferences.
* Project rotations with lots of opportunity to work on the latest technologies
Zazzle operates a platform for custom products.