UI Engineer (web)
Zazzle, Redwood City Ca.
Would you like to be on the cutting edge of web development? Zazzle's custom product marketplace and platform for makers demand that, and our diverse and motivated UI team is actively working towards this goal, are you game?
Zazzle is an innovator and leader in the space of selling customizable goods made by Zazzle or by external manufacturers (aka makers). More often than not, we appear to set standards for other companies in terms of both how manufacturers plug their products in for sale on the Zazzle platform, but also how end consumers interact with our user interfaces to customize and buy these products. We have a challenging task to come up with configurable user interface solutions that will suit a diverse space of customizable products and customers, millions of them. UI engineers will deliver cutting edge user interfaces that will be innovative, compelling, efficient and accessible for makers, designers and consumers and will perform well on a variety of client devices.
UI Engineers needs to have both the design sense and strong technical know-hows to quickly grasp the problems, help define solutions, and iterate on interactions, animations and subtle details to deliver the perfect experience. Provided with high-level overviews, wireframes, and sometimes interactive prototypes from the Zazzle design team, UI engineers take this inspiration and turn it into reality, connecting people and pieces together, nailing the interactions through prototype work, adding or removing workflows or processes, as s/he finds it necessary. By partnering up with Design, Marketing and Product teams, the UI engineer is expected to define and deliver new features, test new concepts and be the integral link in the final implementation and maintenance of Zazzle's web sites.
At Zazzle UI engineers create high quality, world-class web content and tools for collecting and presenting the content on both desktops and mobile devices. They engineer front-end components that collect and present information in new, innovative and creative ways. Their work requires a focus on usability, compatibility, accessibility and internationalization. The components build should be modular and reusable to benefit the greater team and enforce consistency of UI in the Zazzle web sites.
What we are looking for:
* 2-3 years' experience building for the web
* Strong background in Computer Science, master of object oriented concepts
* Love to build best of class user experiences
* Experience building any facet of large-scale performant websites a big plus
* Past experience with user experience design a plus
* ReactJS experience a plus
* Bachelor of Science or above in Computer Science or a related field (EE, Math, Physics)
* Human Computer Interaction specialty is a plus
* Be part of a fun engineering team that sees and makes lots of things happen - best within Z engineering
* Project rotation with lots of opportunity to work on the latest technologies
* Tech talks weekly. Opportunity to attend relevant conferences
* Parties every Thursday, and outings
* Good benefits, onsite gym in Redwood City, subsidized lunches, free dinners (if needed) and an Inviting office space!
* Office in SF for Wednesdays and Fridays and residents of the city
* Shuttle to/from CalTrain station
* Good work life balance
Zazzle operates a platform for custom products.