JP Morgan Chase
Senior Middleware Developer
Req #: 190044893
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
J.P. Morgan is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. J.P. Morgan is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position J.P. Morgan as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments and to enable J.P. Morgan to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance the business goals. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* 8+ years' experience working as an Application Developer.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering in a related field or hands on work relative experience.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Work closely with the Scrum Master and Development Lead to ensure team and organization standards are followed and the team is consistently focused on continuous improvements and sustained delivery.
* Participate in Release and Iteration Planning meetings with the team and other key stakeholders.
* Employ simple design and pragmatic implementation techniques to drive business value.
* Adopt a quality first mindset with a high emphasis placed on unit testing and BDD/TDD.
* Mentor junior team members to progress their technical and professional skills. Be open and actively seeking learning opportunities from more senior team members.
* Lead mid-size application build efforts within the application development space
* Java - Advanced-level implementation skills with Java and JEE.
* Services - Strong implementation skills in consuming and building highly scalable services using SOAP and REST
* Spring - Strong implementation skills with core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring JMS, Spring Security and Spring Data
* Messaging - Strong integration skills with messaging platforms like MQ using JMS.
* Database - Strong implementation skills with ORM frameworks like Hibernate/JPA
* Maven - Strong experience working with Maven as a build tool including a firm understanding of Maven standards and common practices.
* Application Servers - Broad and deep understanding of multiple application server platforms like Apache Tomcat and Oracle Weblogic.
* Demonstrated experience with WSDL, XSD, WS-*, XSLT, Security (a plus)
* SCM - Strong experience working with an SCM tool like GIT.
* Experience with continuous delivery or continuous deployment
* BDD/TDD - Must have practical experience with unit testing with preference given to those with an understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks like EasyMock or Mockito
* Refactoring - Strong understanding of refactoring and how to apply these techniques to build and maintain high-quality solutions.
* Pair Programming - Comfortable pairing with others on both simple and complex problems.
* Experience with CI (using tools like Jenkins) and automated deployment.
* Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms)
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.