JP Morgan Chase
Application Architect Lead
Req #: 190040825
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients' success.
As an Application Architect, you will design and/or maintain the target business object model and assess the impact of the future business architecture on existing and future applications architecture. You will also capture the requirements for future application architecture changes and identify the techniques and technologies that should be applied at the application level; help define the system and operational requirements that the computing infrastructure must support; and identify, analyze and address any inter-application dependencies and interfaces. You will work with the other Architects to determine the most appropriate application partitioning to achieve the performance and scalability requirements.
You will participate in business and technology planning sessions and anticipate future business/technology changes. Work with Business and Information Architects to review business drivers, needs and strategies and understand implications to the application architecture. Communicate implications of architectural decisions, issues and plans to business and technology leadership. Provide support/guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development and testing processes; provide expert knowledge of application architecture and consult to Business and Technology teams when detailed application architecture knowledge is needed, and identify/mitigate risks to delivering solution on time.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Proficiency in modern programming languages
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Minimum 5 years of Applications Architect experience - technology implementation experience a plus
* Strong skills in project management methodologies and tools
* Strong skills in architecture methods
* Strong Data Re-Engineering Tool experience
* Understanding of relevant technologies and development life cycles
* Strong business and product knowledge
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact with all technical and non technical members of the organization
* Minimum of three years of work experience in the following areas: Application technology, Middleware technology, Object Oriented technologies, database and Internet technologies, and network connectivity
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.