What you'll be doing...
The Sr. Manager of eCommerce Development will report directly to the My Business Director. Desired candidate must have good leadership and communication skills to perform frontline employee collaboration, Integration with different interfacing systems and day to day interactions with digital operations teams. Must possess good analytical and cognitive skills to identify the customer usage trends and algorithms to prevent online fraud. Strong background in Agile and other System Development Lifecycles, as well as the business acumen to support the management, communication and strategic activities.
The ideal candidate will be a thoughtful leader working cross-functionally within the My Business team and partner inter-departmentally across departments like Marketing, Operation, Infrastructure, Support and HR. The candidate will be responsible for driving strategic initiatives and leveraging complex methods, metrics and tools to achieve business benefits and corporate goals.
* Lead all aspects of the development and delivery of disruptive technology and tools, such Robotic Process Automation, AI/ML and Cloud.
* Define standards and best practices for efficient and secure development of emerging tech solutions.
* Handle responsibility and decision authority focused comprehensively on the execution, delivery, and ongoing support of these projects (end to end development and deployment).
* Support the intake of potential use cases throughout the business, partner with stakeholder groups inside and outside to identify high-value opportunities; make recommendations and drive decisions toward ideal prioritization to expedite value-add to Verizon.
* Assist and partner with IT, vendors, and business partners on infrastructure reviews and decisions.
* Work with stakeholder community to promote compliance with standards, guidelines, leading practices, security, and risk management in accordance with guidelines and processes.
* Forecast financial, physical, and human resource needs to meet established objectives.
* Compliance to Verizon-wide policies and procedures or direct impact on the re-design of existing policies and procedures.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in web application development, deployment and support.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Programming experience with Java/J2EE environment including spring framework, REST and Micro service.
* Experience with DevSecOps tools.
* Experience with Performance Monitoring tools such as New Relic or Tealeaf.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.