What you'll be doing...
The successful candidate will join the Core Network Engineering team with responsibilities in the Pacific and North Central Markets. The candidate will assume engineering responsibilities for one or more COINs and work closely with the Capacity Planning, Design and Operations teams to implement our strategic technology goals and transition to the eNSE platform. The candidate will work to create an environment of teamwork and cooperation with all stakeholders including; territories, edge, design and ME. Be visible and lead by example. The candidate will work to support Verizon's strategic technology goals including the ongoing migration of core elements to eNSE and the onboarding of VCP tenants. The candidate will work collaboratively with existing team members to meet team goals.
* Network Engineering IP Edge Engineering functions.
* Working on Engineering IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks.
* Project oversight and ownership.
* Overseeing network builds from procurement to "In Service".
* Interaction with design and architecture teams developing future networks.
* Developing network configurations from design models and templates.
* Work with peer teams to ensure new networks are built and migrated to meet KPI's.
* Work on engineering and deploying directional networks for Intelligent Edge, including but not limited to: SAP ENSE Fabric, Access ENSE fabric, ISP, NNI and Core connectivity.
* Building networks for interconnection to VCP platforms for growth, capacity and expansion.
* Working with underlay and overlay controllers for network creation, network modeling, and network deployments. Leveraging plugins for network deployments across multiple virtualized OS environments.
* Engineering network solutions with a strong interaction with PNF and VNF applications teams.
* Strong ability to understand end to end call flows for deploying network services.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks and strong knowledge of MPLS.
* Experience with virtualization of networks/servers.
* Experience working with Pronghorn or Itential automation tools.
* Knowledge of Network Engineering IP Edge Engineering functions.
* CCNA or other networking certifications.
* Ability to understand end to end call flows for deploying network services.
* Python scripting.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.