What you'll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us on digital channels. You will use your experience to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you'll do every single day will make people's lives, work and play better.
We are looking to hire a Senior Android Developer for the GTS Mobile Apps Development Team at Verizon.
Work with an exciting team in an exciting space. This position is responsible for developing native Android experiences for our customers. Our team is a close-knit and lean organization of high performing individuals focused on creating best-in-class solutions within Verizon. Our work spans from enhancing high volume online self-serve applications and mobile experiences covering transactional flow, content management, search, community forums and virtual agents. The group prides itself on its ability to be quick, agile and innovative. We're looking for a highly motivated individual to work on customer facing Android app.
* Develops systems and applications using complex algorithms to deliver business functions or architectural components.
* Develop system architecture that improves designs & mapping form to function.
* Educate team members about integrating systems collaboratively & efficiently.
* Understand a given solution to assess its alignment with business needs.
* Keep abreast of emerging industry trends to continuously update Verizon's operations and assess how competition differs from Verizon's current state.
* Communicate the business value of technical solutions.
* Discover mutually beneficial solutions across customers while recognizing different styles.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Mobile application development experience.
* Experience Working on Apps with System Level Permissions.
* Experience on Native App development with Android, Kotlin, and React Native.
* Experience working with OEM's like Samsung, LG, HTC, Google and resolve Preload/ App Certification Issues.
* Experience in implementing Android Architecture components.
* Experience in analyzing Android Vitals and making sure application is performing compared to Peers.
* Experience in Carrier Specific Service like Device Diagnostics.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science /Information Technology.
* Experience on Android Frameworks- Volley, Event Bus, Dagger.
* Debugging Crash logs and Memory leaks.
* Resolving DEX issues for lower API levels.
* Design and architectural implementation of Android Asynchronous messaging.
* Publishing App to play store and resolving issues with Google.
* Building Android Platform to support Native, React Native, Hybrid Views.
* Knowledge on Apps Mediation using APPS APN.
* Partnering with OEM's and implementing flows for Set Up Wizard.
* Implementing SSL Pinning, optional and mandatory upgrades.
* Setting Architectural guidance for SDK integration and creating sandboxes for ease of development.
* Understanding of 5G router protocols/config API's.
* Strong knowledge on Adobe Experience Manager.
* Knowledge on Serverless Development (AWS- Lambda).
* Knowledge on iOS/Swift and its architecture components.
* String knowledge on Java, J2EE, Spring, NodeJS and JSON API's.
* Experience with Gradle and Jenkins and Set up CI/CD pipelines.
* Hands on Experience in establishing persistent socket connections, session stickiness.
* Experience in developing background services to fetch data without impacting battery life.
* Running Battery tests to ensure app performance.
* Implementation of Geo-Fencing and Remote -In, Geolocation API's.
* Knowledge on AI/ML on Device (Tensor Flow Lite).
* Building components for Chatbots and knowledge on Google Dialog flows.
* Experience in Unix/Linux operating systems.
* Knowledge of shell scripting.
* Experience building customer facing apps with over 30M downloads and maintaining app rating of 4 star.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.