Job CategoryProducts and Technology
The Sales and Marketing Data Science team at Salesforce is looking for a Sr Data Scientist to develop tools and technologies to help our Sales and Marketing businesses achieve extraordinary value. We are looking for someone to join our team to work on groundbreaking R&D projects, to leverage massive structured, unstructured, transactional and real-time data sets from a variety of sources, analyze financial and customer usage patterns and make actionable recommendations using machine learning, data mining, business understanding and common sense.
If you are a statistics and machine learning whiz (a.k.a. data scientist) who is equally at home discussing a project with business owners, researchers or developers, thrives on accelerating business growth, is willing to roll his/her sleeves up and do the hard work, and is extremely creative, collaborative, innovative - yet disciplined, methodical and down to earth - we want to hear from you.
Work with us as we develop and apply state-of-the-art big-data techniques in our cloud infrastructure, where your work will directly impact the success of Sales and Marketing operations across Salesforce.
In detail you will:
* Interact with internal clients to understand their requirements for predictive analytics applications.
* Develop, validate, and test predictive, scalable machine learning products to be implemented as part of various internal Salesforce applications.
* Understand business goals and initiatives, and combine business modeling skills with outstanding data analysis.
* Cooperate with the Business Data Science team to design and execute replicable data acquisition and utilization processes. Acquiring, analyzing, cleaning and structuring data is an essential part of your daily responsibilities.
* Cooperate with IT and BI teams to ensure integration and implementation of the algorithms you have developed in the production environment.
In order to solve these challenges, you should be able to leverage off-the-shelf or open-source technologies as well as in-house engineering, and feel comfortable with big data solutions, applications and infrastructure:
Required Experience and Skills:
* Advanced degree in stats, math, CS or another relevant field.
* 2+ years of industrial data-mining / analytics experience including applied techniques in data mining, machine learning, or graph mining using R, Python, and/or Spark
* Experience turning ideas into actionable designs. Able to persuade stakeholders and champion effective techniques through product development
* Experience with SQL (Hadoop and Spark experience is a plus)
* Comfortable working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
* 2+ year of machine learning product development experience is a plus
* Experience in collaborating with remote teams is a plus
* Very strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent presentation skills, and strong influencing and negotiation skills
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.