How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes * Career & Development Opportunities * Full-time * Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) IT Engineering Solutions Team has an opening for a Sr. Manager IT Architecture.
This position can be a salary grade level G12 (Sr. Manager IT Architecture) or G12 (IT Fellow Architect) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
Responsible for multi-discipline solution architecture, strategy, and engagement on business initiatives related to engineering solutions/tools. Engage with senior Engineering and IT leadership (VP's, Directors, and Department Managers), program managers, and mission area directors to elicit requirements and drive generation of game changing engineering solutions for advanced methodologies and emerging technologies (Model Based Engineering (MBE), and Agile / DevOps, Cloud, Digital Thread / Twin, Product Line Engineering (PLE)).
The candidate must be a highly respected individual in the Engineering community, with a successful track record of innovation and technical leadership. Excellent working knowledge of architecture principals, product development processes, enabling applications, and have the ability to develop and guide adoption / migration strategies for technology insertion into programs and the SAS IT ES organization.
* Build relationships with senior Systems, Software, and Hardware engineering leaders across the Raytheon business to develop and deliver integrated engineering solutions and services. * Build and strengthen the reputation/brand of SAS IT engineering solutions with the engineering councils and business engineering senior leaders. * Lead the development of Engineering Solutions strategy, architecture, roadmap, concept of operations, formation of testing plans, and deployment planning for emerging technologies and new engineering tools/solutions to meet the needs of SAS. * Lead and/or be directly involved in the development of IT architectural trade studies to support the Engineering Solutions strategy and roadmap(s). * Engage with other IT fellow and technical leaders of IT frameworks (network, server, cloud, end user services, etc.) to ensure engineering solutions being developed are well rounded and fully integrated across the IT domain. * Strategically engage with Engineering Software suppliers to help drive them to meet Raytheon business needs (including influencing their development/capability roadmaps) * Engage early (Gate 2, 3, 4) with key programs to help formulate the strategy for a program win by inserting the latest automation technologies and solutions; Guide Program Work Environment (automation/tools) solution architecture and consultation during implementation. * Participate in program new business capture, proposals, and external customer reviews/meetings to assist with building customer confidence in Raytheon's IT/Engineering Solution capabilities (e.g. DevOps, Automated Test, SAFe, DTI, etc.) * Participate in (and lead where appropriate) corporate engineering improvement initiatives. * Lead technical reviews, participate in technical interchange meetings, support management reviews, and communicate technical status to internal and external stakeholders for projects involving the development of new standards and solutions. * Function as part of the virtual SAS IT Engineering Solutions services team. * Identify, document, and champion automation best practices and improvements which help SAS Engineers and IT Engineering Solutions staff be more productive. * Help build and develop the IT Fellow pipeline by providing guidance, coaching / mentoring and training to other employees (including help build architecture skills with mentees)
* Minimum 12+ years related architecture experience and demonstrated expertise applying industry architecture frameworks, i.e. TOGAF * Raytheon Certified Architect and/or TOGAF certification (or on path to certification) * 12+ years' experience in roles of increasing technical leadership in two or more engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, and Software Engineering.) * 5+ year's customer engagement/relationship experience or prior consulting experience. * Experience in the application of engineering tools/solutions in three or more of the following Systems and Software Engineering capability areas: * Requirements Management, IV&V, Architecture/Modeling, Math & Analysis, Modeling & Simulation, Specialty Engineering, Integrated Software Development Design, Configuration Management, & Advanced Analysis & Test.
* Engineering Processes and Integrated Product Development Process (IPDP), best practices, and work instructions expertise. * Detailed experience with Agile, DevOps, Model Based, and Product Line Engineering practices, tools, and methods (either on a program or enterprise initiative) * Experience working in a multi-site Enterprise environment including facilitating cross organizational solutions in response to diverse objectives. * Self-directed with demonstrated ability to organize and provide technical leadership for a diverse (both geographic and technical)team. * Team building and motivational skills; able to develop and maintain working relationships at all levels of the organization - including customer, program, and internal stakeholders. * Excellent written and oral communications skills including presentation and negotiation skills, preparing management level briefings and summary explanations. * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems; Ability to obtain Secret clearance and possibly additionally SAP (Special Access Program) clearances.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
* Program experience in roles of increasing technical leadership and responsibility; served as the IPT lead or chief engineer for two or more disciplines. * Experience in the application of engineering tools/solutions in one or more of the following Mechanical and/or Electrical discipline capability areas: EE Analysis, ARM, Circuit Card Assembly Design, FPGS Design, Test Engineering, ME Design, ME Analysis, ME Data Management, & ME Visualization. * Detailed working knowledge (including day to day use on a program) of Requirements Management, Architecture/Modeling & Design, and IV&V Tools (e.g. DOORS, Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Rhapsody). * Prior experience/results delivering engineering tools/solutions at the business unit level or enterprise level. * Knowledge and application of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), ideally with proven delivery of IT solutions using SAFe * Secret clearance or above
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science/Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related technical degree
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.