Looking for a Senior Lead Cloud Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding S&P Global cloud computing infrastructure.
The Solution Engineering team under Product Services & Engineering is accountable delivering infrastructure architecture, implementation & deployments on S&P Global MI Cloud & Data Centers in collaboration with S&P Global Digital infrastructure & other Teams from a wide variety of backgrounds. The key area of focus: Infrastructure as Code, Application Architecture, Automation, Project Delivery, Environment Troubleshooting, and Low Level Design Documentation.
You will be part of a world class Product Services & Engineering team architecting various solutions for business requirements within different product offerings of S&P Global Market Intelligence, used by tens of thousands of users globally. The team is responsible for ensuring cloud solutions that deliver Greater Reliability & Resilience, High Performance, High Availability and Scalability.
You will work with a global team of intelligent and ambitious professionals recruited from top institutions and industries. The team is accountable for understanding business requirements and architecting solutions for cloud delivery of large-scale data processing, aggregation and publishing of market data systems.
You will utilize your technical knowledge and analytical skills in architecting and optimizing cloud infrastructure, standardizing technology stack for cloud & datacenters, implementing cloud service catalog and service governance solutions, and driving implementation of our cloud first strategy and cloud adoption in partnership with development & business stakeholders.
What's in it for you:
* You will be part of a talented team of engineers in our Solutions Engineering team that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for supporting a large scale deployment and all underlying systems related to supporting cloud computing workloads and IT project deployment.
* Overseeing transfer of data from traditional to cloud-based services
* Experience with understand business proposals and transforming into technical solutions.
* Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
* Creating production and migration schedules for large projects with timelines/milestones
* Develop and leverage AWS tools and services to manage and automate key operations capabilities. This includes AWS Systems Manager, Patch Manager, Cloud Formation and custom scripting to extend the AWS services.
* Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
* Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
* Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
* Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
* Provide 3rd level support for AWS infrastructure.
* Identifying and correcting problems stemming from audit and compliance.
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
* AWS professionals with development or architecture background. Ali cloud is a plus.
* Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
* Good experience in delivering infrastructure solutions using AWS services.
* Looking for 8 to 10 years of experience implementing AWS Cloud infrastructure solutions.
* Experience in Implementing technical roadmaps, project plans, requirements, and designs in AWS technologies: VPC, EC2, EKS, ELB, RDS, Lambda, SES, SNS, Containers, API Gateway,etc.
* Good conceptual understanding & knowledge on virtualization & container based technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, and Virtual Box.
* Working knowledge of Load balancers such as F5, ALB, ELB, etc.
* Experience with any identity management systems such as (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, etc.
* Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, key management, encryption, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
* Working knowledge of application servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss etc.) and web servers (Apache, HAProxy, IIS, etc.).
* CI/CD delivery using code and configuration management automation tools such as GitHub, VSTS, Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Ambari, Chef, Salt, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
* Delivery using modern methodologies especially SAFe Agile, Lean, etc.
* Experience with monitoring solutions, such as: AWS CloudWatch, ELK, etc.
* Experience working with large scale IT projects related to design, deployment and configuration.
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Ability to set direction and work individually, while working as part of a team towards a common goal
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must have at least one of the following active certs upon application: AWS. This is a requirement.
Job ID :
Posted On :
New York, NY US
About S&P Global
S&P Global is a provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.