What you'll be doing...
The Corporate Services Group is looking for a lead developer to support Supply Chain Services Business apps. The individual will drive feature prioritization, planning and developing for strategic supply chain initiatives to enable digital transformation, operational efficiency, new revenue growth and innovation in Verizon's Supply Chain; supporting Consumer, Business and Network operations. This individual will provide regular project updates to IT and business leaders including possible risks and remediation plans.
* Drive an agile development mindset. Craft the organization's direction and facilitate its progress to align with the standard operating environment, modernization of application architecture and increase automation within the DevOps CI/CD pipeline.
* Define and propagate software development best practices with code reusability and automation designed into the process.
* Develop practices that foster the growth of full stack developers within the organization.
* Develop communications to educate developers with varied experience. Work closely with business partners and product owners to evaluate criticality and benefits of new features, and manage overall delivery expectation, will assign user stores to agile sprints, and will manage releases to enable transformative changes in Supply Chain domain
* Will work as subject matter expert to translate user ask into detailed design solutions, to ensure all the best practices, security practices are followed.
* Working as a team member to lead medium to large size projects of medium to above average complexity
* Work with Managed Services Vendor to allocate work, to track weekly/monthly deliverables, and assess time charging, vendor capacity spend. Drive efficiency and best practices in managing end to end delivery quality.Provide regular project updates to IT and business leaders including possible risks and remediation plans.
What we're looking for...
This individual will work closely with business partners and product owners to evaluate criticality and benefits of new features, and will design and develop solutions and meets overall delivery expectation.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience developing and optimizing server architectures.
* Experience in programming in different languages and frame works like Java, Angluar, Spring, Typescript, etc.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Four or more years of experience in database technologies; relational and non-relational.
* Experience in design and develop user stories by using Java , Angular and PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle.
* Knowledge in Supply Chain, Point of Sales, and Telecommunication.
* Experience in Agile Delivery, Web Application development, and AWS/Cloud implementation.
* Experience with vendors, their work allocation and delivery.
* Communication skills adaptable to varied audiences; in experience to experienced developers, software development managers and executives.
* Experience designing, building, and maintaining REST APIs for use in production and experience working with Open API standards, like Swagger.
* Experience designing container and micro services based solutions in a cloud infrastructure.
* Experience building automated CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins or related tool.
* Work experience in DevOps Automation, Agile and DevOps tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Confluence, Junit, Fortify.
* Knowledge with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Autoscale, Cloudwatch, Lambda etc.
* Knowledge and experience with structured software development methodologies including design, development and testing in an agile environment.
* Problem solver and innovative thinker who can lead by influence.
* Knowledge of Security best practices, OWASP vulnerabilities. Knowledge of budgeting and tracking against the capital plans.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.