What you'll be doing...
Our customers have high expectations for our digital ecommerce platforms - speed, responsiveness and constant availability. That's where you come in. You will guide team members to design and implement optimal solutions to complex problems and meet critical business needs. Your optimization and performance skills will help other engineering teams and our vendors drive better digital ecommerce architecture and solutions.
* Leading public cloud migrations of application running on on-perm data centers
* Leading the server side architecture development for failover and clustering solutions.
* Designing, evaluating and documenting clustering, load testing and performance testing solutions for applications.
* Working with digital operations to gather requirements and design, develop and implement projects.
* Monitoring key metrics and system heath and quickly identifying and resolving problems.
* Defining requirements, design and set-up of new environments to demonstrate proof of concept.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better of you have:
* A Bachelor's degree
* Six or more years of DevOps/Site Reliability engineering experience
* Working knowledge of cloud technologies with AWS
* Automation experience and ability to code or script at an advance level
* Configuration Management with Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Python
* Three or more years of experience working on middle technologies like Weblogic, MQ, RabbitMQ, Springboot, REDIS, Elasticsearch etc
* Experience in troubleshooting complex distributed systems
* Capabilities including team collaboration, support, maintenance, and implementation
* Experience with creating and improving documented procedures and/or playbooks
* Knowledge with open-source configuration, orchestration, and CI/CD tools
* Knowledge and implementation experience with Micro services platform.
* Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.