What you'll be doing...
As a Junior Long Distance (LD)Transport Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the planning, engineering, optimization and process improvements for the Core Transport Network build and management of the Long Distance (LD) programs supporting Verizon Wireline and Verizon Wireless. These Intelligent Edge (iEN) LD/ULH builds relate to the strategic programs: 5G, Verizon Business Internet, Multi-Service Edge, Circuit Emulation, and Migrations to new platforms to modernize the network and decommission legacy network elements. You will be responsible for planning, engineering, optimization, process improvements and engineering best practices for Transport Engineering to achieve targeted and scorecard measured business goals and objectives and working with both wireline and wireless stakeholders.
* Deliver the transport planning team's key strategic business initiatives, including deployment of new network technology and the adoption of new inventory and provisioning systems.
* Perform planning and forecasting of LD/ULH Transport network infrastructure and equipment on a regular basis.
* Support Transport Engineering team to resolve global implementation issues preventing the progress of iEN build.
* Support communication of iEN LD/ULH Transport team's build progress, process improvements, and root cause analysis of program blockers.
* Perform and provide data analysis, reports, and presentations for transport planning stakeholders.
* Support LD transport capacity requirements required to support Verizon's full suite of products and customers, both internal and external.
* Identify iEN LD/ULH Transport implementation and planning delays and coordinate stakeholders to resolve.
* Develop collaborative working relationships across the Verizon stakeholders and subject matter experts to enable successful iEN LD/ULH Transport implementation.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or relevant technical field.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau.
* Strong communication skills and motivated self-starter.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.