Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The John Hancock Brand Marketing team is searching for a Social and Digital Content Designer to be embedded into the Digital Content & Strategy team.
You are a highly energized and nimble content creator. You are social/mobile/digital first in all things. You are part designer, part animator, part conceptual. You are constantly scrolling through social feeds and sending/sharing/tagging great content with your peers and friends. You know what thumb-stopping content looks and feels like. And the best part, you are able to create all of it in the style of any brand thrown your way.
* Oversee the design aesthetic of all social content - working with the larger creative team to insure all content is on brand.
* Work closely with content team to ensure consistent and delightful design across all social content.
* Working alongside the content team to create cross-channel content in support of ongoing campaigns and initiatives
* Keeping up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitors as well as outside the industry - pulling in intel as inspiration.
This job description does not represent a comprehensive listing of job duties that are required of the employee performing this role.We reserve the right to change duties or assign additional duties at any time with or without notice.
* Bachelor's in Art or similar
* 2-4 years of experience creating stellar social and digital content
* Photography chops necessary
* Design skills that flex from formal (e.g. corporate brand) to lifestyle (e.g. "cool" brand) in an instant
* B2C marketing experience a plus, at agency or on brand side
* Intermediate animation and video editing experience required
* A love and appreciation for all things social media (paid and organic)
* A constant hunger for improving the quality of content for our partners, and the content you create
* Always pushing and trying new designs and content styles
* Ahead of the curve as it relates to new social features and tech
* A true team player who can flex types of working styles depending on team and brand
* Highly collaborative and fully invested in doing award-winning work
Note: Please have an up-to-date portfolio to share
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of March 31, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$849 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
About Manulife Financial
Manulife Financial is a financial services company engaged in providing customers with financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions.