Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
TechLounge Operations Manager
This position is responsible for operational oversight of our local TechLounge walk-in technical support service facility.
This position requires a polished individual that must have strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills, and must be comfortable in a leadership role, providing instruction and guidance to a small team.
The candidate should demonstrate:
* Strong planning, communication, influencing, and conflict management skills. Proven development and motivational skills
* Ability to participate in the formulation and development of short range plans and support policy development.
* Ability to exercise judgment in identifying issues, modifying plans as business conditions change. Develop recommendations for changes in plans.
* A thorough understanding of client & company's business operations and an awareness of current issues.
* The ability to exercise flexibility and judgment in a changing environment
* Effective conceptual, diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* The ability to effectively evaluate and apply IS and project management methodologies and ensure that the necessary technical resources are supporting projects and systems.
* In addition to having a thorough knowledge and understanding of current end user technologies, this person will need to be able to quickly learn and master updated versions and new end user technologies as they are introduced at Manulife/John Hancock Secondary responsibilities may include troubleshooting and technical support, as it pertains to end user technologies.
* Some travel may be required .
The TechLounge Operations Manager has primary responsibilities for the following activities:
* Oversee staff and daily operations of TechLounge locations
* Primary contact for users visiting TechLounge, warm transfer End Users to appropriate technicians
* Basic Triage of End Users concerns
* Facilitate walk-in and pre-scheduled on site end user education and assistance at "Tech Lounge" genius bar
* Support Technicians and End Users with technical tasks
* Ensure best practices are conveyed and followed
* Act as escalation point for local issues or inquiries
* Identify local trends, opportunities and areas for improvement
* Provide regular updates to General Operations Manager and Service Owner including local trends and areas of improvement
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Competencies):
* Minimum of 5 years of experience
* The incumbent will have experience with the following technologies: Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 365, Skype for Business, Apple Wireless handheld devices, Cisco VPN client
* Experience leading/managing a team
* Comprehensive understanding of various mobile devices and related mobile applications
* Knowledge of emerging technologies and vendor landscape; ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
* Must have excellent customer service skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skill (oral and written);
* Ability to communicate clearly, simply and effectively on both technical and non-technical matters to end users.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of March 31, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$849 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
About Manulife Financial
Manulife Financial is a financial services company engaged in providing customers with financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions.