Premise is Growing! We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer in Seattle, WA to infuse our team with even more ambition, technical and intellectual horsepower, and diverse perspectives.
Premise is a worldwide network and predictive analytics platform bringing visibility to the world's hardest-to-see places. We enable global decision-makers to move faster and make smarter decisions by employing local, on-the-ground contributors to observe and collect real-time data. Our current clients include The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and The United States Department of State (DOS). A $66M Series C Venture Capital organization, we are backed by Google Ventures, SocialCapital, and Andreessen Horowitz, among others. Learn more about us at www.premise.com; or follow us at @premisedata
We are a passionate, tight-knit team that moves fast, appreciates candor, and deeply values the diversity of our backgrounds. Our diversity mirrors the global nature of our work: we've lived in 30 countries, speak 14 languages, and believe in the value of life experience that an unconventional background inherently brings. What unites us is our innate curiosity and collective ambition to build technology that ultimately has a measurable human impact.
What you get to do:
* Build front-end applications that drive the client-reporting experience via interactive geospatial visualization tools, real-time bidding systems, and other rich web applications.
* Work with modern technologies including ES6, React, Flow, Redux, and Webpack.
* Write well-tested, modular, and semantically-correct code.
* Collaborate with backend engineers to define efficient and scalable data contracts.
* Contribute to engineering processes, including release schedules, test plans, and code reviews.
* Proactively share technical knowledge through information sessions, documentation, and blog posts.
* Use your technical knowledge to influence product and design decisions.
Your background likely includes:
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of experience developing front-end applications, using technologies such as PostCSS, React, Flow, TypeScript, Flux, Redux, D3.js, and Jest.
* Passion for learning and sharing knowledge with the larger engineering org.
* Experience building APIs and services using Python, Ruby, Java, Scala, Clojure, Google App Engine, Elasticsearch or other related technologies.
* Experience building consumer products using third party APIs.
* Experience with native mobile app development.
* Having an eye for style and insistence on consistency and execution.
About Premise Data
Premise Data Corporation provides a mobile information network.