Premise is growing! We're hiring a Lead Mobile Engineer (iOS) in Seattle, WA to infuse our team with drive, technical and intellectual horsepower, and diverse perspectives. We are looking for a foundational member of our iOS development team, responsible for setting and evangelizing technical direction of our iOS platform and helping build out the team further.
Premise is a worldwide network and predictive analytics platform bringing visibility to the world's hardest-to-see places. We enable global decision-makers to move faster and make smarter decisions by employing local, on-the-ground contributors to observe and collect real-time data. Our current clients include The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and The United States Department of State (DOS). A $66M Series C Venture Capital organization, we are backed by Google Ventures, SocialCapital, and Andreessen Horowitz, among others. Learn more about us at www.premise.com; or follow us at @premisedata
We are a passionate, tight-knit team that moves fast, appreciates candor, and deeply values the diversity of our backgrounds. Our diversity mirrors the global nature of our work: we've lived in 30 countries, speak 14 languages, and believe in the value of life experience that an unconventional background inherently brings. What unites us is our innate curiosity and collective ambition to build technology that ultimately has a measurable human impact.
What you get to do:
* Participate in a founding team of iOS engineers on an application to be used and enjoyed by thousands of users worldwide and be directly responsible for the mobile experience of our contributor network
* Work on a modern iOS 10 stack built fully on Swift, adaptive layouts using size classes and offline data for remote areas
* Write peer reviewed, well tested, modular code using unit and functional test coverage
* Collaborate with backend engineers on developing to define efficient and scalable data contracts
* Collaborate with Android engineers to partner on similar architecture concepts that still benefit from the unique advantages of the iOS platform
* Work on a code base that leverages continuous integration and beta distributions
* Proactively share technical knowledge through information sessions, documentation and blog posts
Your background likely includes:
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
* Experience developing quality iOS applications in the App Store with a significant user base or brand
* Passionate about mobile architecture and separation of concerns for UI, data storage and network access
* Experience in Swift
* Experience with Xcode and Interface Builder including Storyboards, Autolayout and Core Data
* Demonstrated use of asynchronous coding with Blocks and Grand Central Dispatch
* Demonstrated ability to solve repetitive, error prone engineering work with a well thought through software design
* Frameworks using Cocoa Pods or Carthage.
* Continuous Integration with Xcode Server, Bots and XCTest.
* Backend development, specifically on Google Cloud with App Engine and Cloud Endpoints.
TechCrunch: Premise raises $50 million to outsource the collection of economic data
The New York Times: Lawrence Summers to join Board of hyperdata startup
BuzzFeed: Introducing the 'Trillion dollar business that's waiting to be destructed'
Washington Post: These smartphone photos can help shape national policy
Wired: Photos are creating a real-time food index
About Premise Data
Premise Data Corporation provides a mobile information network.