We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training. We are searching for a Senior FPGA Engineer I in our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located in Plano, TX.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology at a fast pace and supporting the vital missions of our warfighters, then L3 AS&T may be the company for you.
As Senior FPGA Engineer, you are responsible for Electrical Engineering FPGA development with working experience in the creation, simulation, validation, and integration of programmable logic into a targeted FPGA embedded in a broad range of systems and interfaces. Working on a Xilinx Zynq platform, you will be accountable for programmable logic development, timing closure, verification, board level integration and validation.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Responsibility for design support tasks including requirements analysis, generation of specific flow-down specifications from system level requirements, Interface definition, development of test plans and procedures for FPGA integration, and creation of all relevant design description documentation and comment records to ensure the delivery of a quality finished product.
* Schedule, cost, and technical commitments and responsibility * Engage in all phases of product development, including concept, architecture, design, and test * Development of or interfacing with a Universal verification modification (UVM verification environment * Interface with HW/SW engineers to test and verify electrical interfaces and protocols between the FPGA and embedded system devices * Perform detailed technical analyses and create test and analysis reports * Participate in interdisciplinary design teams and reviews such as peer reviews, PDRs, CDRs, and other technical exchange forums * Learn and follow company processes for product development, configuration management, purchasing, etc. * Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Integrity * Excellence * Accountability * Respect * Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance and the ability to obtain any additional clearances as required
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
* A minimum of 7 - 10 years' experience of successful FPGA code development
* Proficiency in VHDL code development, simulation, verification, constraints, and methods to reach timing closure and a thorough knowledge of Xilinx FPGA products and development environments
* Expertise in laboratory debug techniques and capable of simulation test benching within the Mentor ModelSim environment or equivalent simulation tools to produce bit-accurate results
* Able to examine, understand, and modify existing VHDL in order to adapt functioning code to new requirements with minimal perturbation
* Fundamental understanding of digital board level electrical interfaces, including ADCs, DACs, DSPs, High Speed SERDES, Flash and SDRAM.
* Design experience with standard interfaces and protocols (e.g., SPI, Analog Device DSP Proprietary Link Port and PPI interfaces, Flash and SDRAM) * Experience with PicoBlaze/MicroBlaze and Xilinx Zynq/Altera SoC ARM-based devices is desired * Desired experience includes an understanding of fundamental DSP algorithms and implementation methods and Synopsys Design Constraints * Previous experience in Xilinx Vivado Design Suite, familiarity with Tcl, Verilog, C/C , Python, and experience in Matlab/Simulink/System Generator Design flow are all desired but not required * Knowledge of Altera product line and design tools, including Quartus II Design Software, Qsys, SOPC Builder is desired * Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 20 lbs. and the ability to travel up to 10%
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.