Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 30108
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): Los Angeles (CA)
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: a. Up to 25%
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Today our Investment Group includes 300 investment professionals-portfolio managers, analysts, economists, and private equity investors-capably supported by research associates and assistants spread across 14 offices. The Investment Group is a flat, non-hierarchical organization with a strong culture of collaboration and team-work, which values innovation and diversity of thought.
We are seeking a DevOps Software Engineer to be embedded within this unique organization, to work on critical projects which will directly impact our ability to fulfill our long-term mission. The DevOps Software Engineer will serve within a team of Analysts and Portfolio Managers that are highly collaborative and entrepreneurial.
The DevOps Software Engineer will partner with this group to drive the development of proprietary research processes. This role will collaborate directly with senior investment professionals and technology associates to create and implement detailed quality technical designs for moderately complex applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. The successful candidate will be embedded within our investor team and will require a balance of technical ability, business acumen, leadership ability, strong communication and collaboration skills. Most importantly, the candidate will be passionate about using technology to transform a business and align to our mission of successful long-term investing.
* Participates in the strategic research and planning efforts within the domain
* Is a primary team member and may lead solution initiatives utilizing all aspects of the solution lifecycle to design, implement, and operationalize solutions focused on automation
* Propose and adhere to rigorous release and change management processes
* Recommends and re-engineers solutions to address complex incidents/ issues. Analyzes incident trends and recommends courses of action for incidents occurring within the domain.
* Drives continuous improvement and operations excellence efforts within the realm
* May be required to work outside regular business hours and participate in an on-call support rotation
* Take ownership and full responsibility the development and production environments
* Create build scripts/tools to improve developer productivity
* 5+ years of experience with coding and the software development lifecycle process
* Substantial experience with Python or similar scripting language
* Experience with Java
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Prior experience with Git and Jenkins
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field preferred
* Experience automating release and build processes
* RDMS/DBA experience -Postgress and MS SQL
* Experience of managing and deploying an application in AWS (must have)
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Embedded, Computer Science, Developer, Java, Technology, Research
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.