Now Brewing - senior decision scientist! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
As a Starbucks senior decision scientist, you will . . .
Guide business decisions by analyzing, interpreting, visualizing and extracting insights from large-scale people and operational data. You will design and execute on analytical plans to meet business objectives in support of Partner Resources (HR) and Operations with the goal of enhancing the Starbucks partner (employee) and customer experience.
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to:
* Leverage your outstanding analytical skills to translate unstructured strategic questions into structured knowledge and explore relationships between multiple pieces of data to identify actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business
* Devise methods for identifying data patterns, trends in available information sources using a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques
* Develop and deliver both regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards for leadership to help drive decision-making
* Lead innovative packaging and presentation of insights to business and broader analytics community
* Own the capturing, analyzing, synthesizing, assessing, documenting, and verifying of business requirements, processes and workflows
We'd love to hear from people with:
* 3 years' experience working with large-scale, complex datasets with an emphasis on data reporting and analytics, preferably in business operations or HR
* Expert knowledge of basic statistics with business-applicable experience using intermediate statistical modeling techniques (e.g., Regression, Cluster, Factor, Survival and/or Drivers Analysis)
* Strong skills in one or more analytic languages such as R, SAS, Python or similar
* Business-applicable experience in several techniques for data visualization skills (e.g., Tableau)
* Strong communication and data presentation skills
Let us give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself. It's time for you to #beapartner. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA , veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.