Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by building enterprise data services for analytic solutions. This position is responsible for design, development, testing and support for data pipelines to enable continuous data processing for data exploration, data preparation and real-time business analytics.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Identify and assess new concepts and or technologies and lead the incorporation of improvements into the team's existing frameworks processes, standards and tools
* Demonstrate deep knowledge the data engineering domain to build and support non-interactive (batch, distributed) & real-time, highly available data, data pipeline and technology capabilities
* Build fault tolerant, self-healing, adaptive and highly accurate data computational pipelines
* Manage the decision-making process related to the selection of software solutions that make up the architecture
* Provide consultation and lead implementation of complex programs
* Work with infrastructure provisioning & configuration tools to develop scripts to automate deployment of physical and virtual environments; to develop tools to monitor usage of virtual resources.
* Leverage subject matter expertise to coordinate issue resolution efforts across peer support groups, technical support teams, and vendors
* Develop and maintain documentation relating to all assigned systems and projects
* Tune queries running over billion of rows of data running in a distributed query engine
* Perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
* We are looking for strong hands on knowledge (more than 6/10) in the following:
* Strong/expert Spark in a Cloud environment, Azure preferred
* Hands on data pipeline development, ingest patterns
* Strong knowledge in NoSQL database technologies
* Core understanding of Distributed database systems
* Distributed Analytical processing
* Python and or Scala.
* 7 years of Architect and design large scale high performance distributed systems
* 7 years of SQL Platform
* 3 years of No-SQL Platform
* 3 years of Spark
* 3 years of Data platform implementation on Azure or AWS
* 2 years of CI/CD experience
* 2 years of Exposure to SOA architecture
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.