Position Summary and Team Mission
This position contributes to Starbuck's success by designing, developing, and sustaining new automated test processes, practices, and tools to help ensure quality and ship the next generation Starbucks commerce platform. Recommends quality improvements to automation requirements, development, and execution, and facilitates the development and implementation of test automation frameworks. The team you will be working with is building a cloud hosted platform utilizing true microservices and reactive design principals to support the full suite of Starbucks retail, mobile, and online experiences.
* Assist in the design and implementation of a distributed test-harness
* Creating test plans and automated tests.
* Ensuring that automated tests are integrated and execute reliably in our CI/CD environments
* Analyzing and reporting on test-results
* Investigating customer impacting issues, filing bugs and driving the issues to resolution.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong ability to collaborate and work across teams and disciplines
* Strong software design and test methodology knowledge and abilities
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written forms
* Ability to understand and analyze complex problems and break them into small solvable pieces
* Ability and strong desire to learn new languages, frameworks, tools and platforms quickly
* Experience in a software QA role (5 years)
* Experience in software feature and integration testing (5 years)
* Experience developing robust test automation (4 years)
* Experience testing REST APIs (3 years)
* Experience testing cloud hosted services (1 years)
* Experience developing integrated tests between components and across domains
* Experience developing test automation in Java or Scala
* Experience developing automated tests using or executing on Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Docker containers
* Experience utilizing AWS SQS, S3, Cassandra, Kubernetes, Akka or Kafka
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.