WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino's, the world's largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
We're looking for a Sr. BI Developer/Analyst who will drive our data ETL infrastructure program. This position is responsible for data warehouse design, modeling and development to move and process data between source systems to our data warehouse. This position interacts with cross teams from customer success, marketing, Engineering, Finance and sales operations teams to meet their enterprise warehouse objectives.
* Work with business users to understand and translate user stories and/or requirements into data models, improved schema design and business rules
* Conduct business interviews and requirements gathering as needed and help develop/update the data warehouse architecture and design
* Design and build ETL to move data from source systems into the CDW
* Extract and transformation of data from CDW into meaningful and useful information
* Understand business drivers and assess tradeoffs of implementing long-term architecture and data integration strategies for the CDW
* Document and formalize standards and best practices for data management and ETL data integration, as well as roadmaps and practices for driving and leading initiatives to implement reusable architecture
Required Skills and Experiences
* Strong knowledge of database technologies & data warehouse methodologies; Experience with Snowflake or Redshift or MySQL a plus.
* Guru-level SQL skills
* Expertise in Tableau or other BI tools (MicroStrategy, SSRS, BOBJ, Qlikview, DOMO, Pentaho, etc)
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, and Java
* Hands on experience with ETL scripting and relational data modeling
* Experience with extracting data from SaaS and cloud based applications (Financialforce, Netsuite, Salesforce, Successfactors, etc)
* Willingness to learn new tools and technologies needed for the task
* Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to turn data into a story for our business partners
* Degree in CS, MIS or other quantitative field, or comparable experiences.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
* "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
* Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
* Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
* Ranked in the DBTA "100 Companies that Matter Most in Data"
* Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
* An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
* Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
* Equity for all full-time employees
* Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
* Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
* Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
* Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
* Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
* Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
* Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
* Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Talend is a provider of cloud data integration and integrity solutions for organizations.