Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today's mobile-first world and tomorrow's ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren't built for today's on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we've been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We've been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a "Top 10 Upstart" by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our products rely on sophisticated real time and batch processing of massive amounts of data, and instrumenting that data to provide analytics, automated decision making, and an industry leading customer engagement tool. We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us tackle significant engineering challenges, such as: architecting new iterations of critical components on backend systems, building and optimizing for massive scale, and driving new AI/ML powered features.
You'll take on a variety of challenges around building and optimizing an ultrafast application for massive scale, which sends billions of messages based on billions of data points.
WHO YOU ARE
* 5+ years of server-side development experience
* Experienced technical leader
* Strong understanding of design, data structures and algorithms
* A self starter with great communication and organizational skills and will have worked in a team environment before
* Professional experience building software at scale
* Professional experience with one of: Ruby, Java, Go, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails, email infrastructure, columnar data stores, microservice architecture, distributed systems
* Experience with agile processes
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, and group events. Inclusive and diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real "get it done" attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company and have an impact.
* Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
* Matching 401K
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
* Collaborative, transparent, collegial, and fun loving office culture
* Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Braze (formerly known as Appboy) is a provider of a customer engagement platform for real-time and continuous data streaming.