What you'll be doing...
You will deliver consulting project activities, ranging from client identification through final invoicing through medium to long term engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills.
Your technical responsibilities will include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment.
Your role is viewed by customers as a consultant and performance is assessed by delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours. You will work on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. You will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Identifying, assessing and upgrading customer information technology infrastructure regarding risks and vulnerabilities.
* Documenting (textual and graphical as appropriate), communicating, recommending and taking appropriate action to resolve risks and issues associated with security vulnerabilities across the customer IT environment.
* Installing, maintaining, staging, automating and operating Security Services (services, equipment and software), including virus software and definitions/signatures, patches, host based agents, web filtering, spam prevention and other monitoring software, based upon supplier version release keeping the customer IT environment updated at N Release Level at all times, subject to customer-approved waivers.
* Providing, maintaining, implementing (at N Release Level) and administering security management tools, including firewall/ips (e.g. Cisco, Source Fire, Cisco Firepower), and URL content filtering (e.g. Zscaler, bluecoat, Symantec) across the customer IT environment, authorized users, data center and network assets.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years relevant of work experience.
* Experience in the security services environment.
* Three or more years of experience with the following technology:
* Cisco Firepower.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Three or more years of experience with the following products:
* Cisco Firepower Management Center.
* Zscaler Proxy Internet Access.
* Zscaler Private Access.
* Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
* Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Intermediate level of understanding routing, switching and VRFs.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
* Ability to document procedures that conform to a prescribed style and format.
* Ability to present information to management, public groups, and/or a customer team members.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.