What you'll be doing...
Creating technologies to solve the world's biggest challenges is no small task. Join our Corporate Information Security Team focused on risk management and assurance. If you are a thought leader that enjoys a challenge, then come join us and make a difference.
You will be responsible for leading and coordinating, articulating, and tracking actions related to developing and driving the implementation of the cyber assurance plans, ensuring effective cyber security risk management practices, and engaging with business unit members on a wide range of cyber security matters to achieve overall business objectives. You will also perform research and oversee activities as assigned, primarily within risk management, and lead technical projects across all technical areas to mitigate risk.
* Risk Management Actions
* Lead and engage with the business and various functions such as finance, legal, regulatory, compliance, audit, and supply chain to identify risks and lead the implementation of risk mitigation plans to address cyber security risks.
* Work with the business on effective risk mitigation plans and address matters requiring executive escalation and decision making.
* Risk Management Plan
* Implement corporate wide cyber security risk management practices in line with defined strategy.
* Review key cyber security reporting metrics across the business.
* Provide input to the risk management strategy, both short and long term, based on changing threats and our information security environment.
* Business Engagement
* Engage with business leaders on risk matters ranging from policy and governance to security operations.
* Provide administrative and tracking actions/collaboration activities in regards to the CISO interface with Business Unit Information Security Officers and the Information Security Officer Council as it applies to Risk Management.
* Lead and ensure coordination and consensus with other Verizon Business Unit security teams to align processes and procedures to ensure a common approach to risk management activities.
* Ensure all processes and access are in line with corporate policies, such as GSAM, CPI 810, etc.
* Support internal and external audits.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in IT, application development and support, and cyber security.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Knowledge of cyber security risk management concepts, cyber security frameworks, control standards, secure coding principles, and security technologies.
* Knowledge of information security fundamentals, best practices and industry standards with experience protecting information assets.
* Experience with ISO 27001-2, NIST 800-53, or other controls standards.
* Experience in security risk management while considering business drivers and implications.
* Specific experience managing information security functions, strategy and risk within a Fortune 500 company.
* Ability to build a strong understanding of cyber risks and adversaries to Verizon.
* Experience creating and maintaining partnering relationships with business leaders at VP, SVP, and CIO levels, and the ability to interact and provide executive level communications.
* Strong communication, presentation and analytical skills along with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities.
* Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.