Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Center is seeking a talented Systems Security Engineer (SSE) to join the Secure Systems Department. This position is in a technical growth area and we need individuals who can apply their technical knowledge and experience to system security engineering and program protection concerns within the key areas of cybersecurity, anti-tamper, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis. The SSE will participate in the development of embedded and networked security solutions, and will be responsible for leading and executing the cybersecurity efforts for secure system products. Activities will consist of security subsystem specifications, security subsystem architecture, interface descriptions, RMF assessment and authorization, and vulnerability assessments.
The SSE must be able to work independently and as a member of a team in coordination with engineers in development, integration, test and modeling. The SSE will exhibit a high degree of creativity and ingenuity, and will be responsible for developing advanced systems /security integrity and information assurance leveraging RMF guidelines and concepts. The SSE must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, and will be required to brief senior Raytheon and customer leadership teams
* US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A US SECURITY CLEARANCE AS OF DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT *
* Minimum 6 years of experience designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time security-oriented programs
* Proficient in evaluating the security posture of Network and System environments, and providing corrective recommendations
* Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience
* Knowledge of cybersecurity standards, methods, and policies; risk and threat analysis; technical security safeguards; and operational security measures
* Experience with secure real-time operating systems
* ACTIVE Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain additional program-level special clearances
* U.S. Citizen as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* Experience in at least one of the Program Protection Areas: Anti-Tamper (HW, SW, Systems), Cyber Security, SW Assurance, etc.
* Experience with NSA Crypto
* Experience with multi-level security
* Experience performing reverse engineering
* Background in proposal development and leadership
* Background in both Systems Engineering and Software Engineering practices
* Experience in authoring BOEs for System Security Engineering Pursuits
* Raytheon Six Sigma
* Integrated Product Development System
* Risk Management
* System Architecture
* Requires at least one Industry recognized Cybersecurity Certification, compliant with DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level III
* Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf cybersecurity technologies and trusted products
* Experience with assessment and authorization of cryptographic, anti-tamper, cybersecurity and other security-related engineering products / systems
* Experience interfacing with DoD customer representatives and external suppliers
* Experience using security-relevant tools and devices for security auditing, network security, host/server security, communication security, and policy management
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics; Advanced degree(s) preferred
138589BR 138589 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.