Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment, including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator with AWS and Microsoft expertise to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
* Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort with minimal supervision from the lead systems engineer
* Leading a team in design and implementation of COTS-based solutions on single instances or across clustered devices
* Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and deployed solutions
* Supporting the development of new capabilities
* Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 6+ years of directly relevant systems administration experience including hands-on experience with Windows and AWS
* Must have hands-on knowledge of Microsoft OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework
* Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
* Experience with Windows servers to include creation, installation, configuration, optimization, administration, backup & recovery
* Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
* Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment
* Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
* Familiar with fundamentals of scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g. Bash Shell, Python & Kickstart technologies)
* Integration & implementation experience with various services such as LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
* Familiarity of configuration management
* Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Experience with software development using java, RESTful services
* Comfortable with multilevel security systems or Cross Domain Solutions
* Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop
* Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
* DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
* AWS certification (Associate or Professional)
* Windows Certification
141907BR 141907 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.