How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon's Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a PC/Client Server Analyst II, in Dulles, Virginia.
Raytheon is seeking an end user services secure communication system administrator to join our IT Managed Services team in Dulles, VA within Raytheon's Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) business unit.
The selected individual will be responsible for system administration tasks across a number of different projects. This position requires skills and experience in Windows systems administration, standard user account maintenance, and familiarity systems security standards. Candidate must possess ability to troubleshoot complex problems, automate tasks to ensure repeatability, create and follow documentation, plan effectively to complete tasks, and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
Your role will be to support full life cycle administration of Windows and Cisco assets, troubleshooting end user problems, and other end user IT service requests. The selected candidate will maintain a smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network system administrators, with a focus on user-facing network activities.
In addition to the above, the individual selected for this position will serve as the primary interface to the Facilities organization for coordination of physical campus personnel moves and expansion projects that affect the closed area IT infrastructure.
Duties will primarily be performed at the Dulles, VA location, with required support in the Chantilly, Spring field, and a couple other small sites near by in the area on a periodic basis. However, responsibilities will span the nationwide Cornerstone/IPA environment and will require remote system administration. Occasional travel may be required.
* Must be a US citizen with a current TS/SCI with CI Poly
* Security + certificate required for the position (If candidate does not have certification, Must be obtained within 6 months of start date)
* Windows System Administration
* Bachelor Degree in related field with 2 + years professional experience
* Experience with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone installation and troubleshooting
* Direct experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10 support
* Knowledge of system maintenance, upgrades, backups, installs.
* Outstanding customer service, communication and documentation skills. Must be team oriented with willingness to assist with any and all tasking
* Ability to effectively interact with external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations and vendors.
* Excellent communication skills so can successfully interact with all level of users and across remote locations
* Must be willing and able to provide occasional after-hours and on-call support outside of normal business hours and to perform occasional overtime work
* Must be able to travel occasionally (nominally less than 5% of work schedule)
* Ability to lift 25 lbs unassisted and access under desks and in network closets
* Experience supporting Video Tele-Conference
* Experience with Windows SCCM and WSUS
Required Education (including Major):
* BS Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Information Technology OR 10 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.