Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch - with full source. The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud.
We're just getting started with Lumberyard. We have an excellent team with long tenure building some of the industry's most respected games, but we are still growing fast and have many positions left to fill. We're looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology for tomorrow's most celebrated games. We're looking for the best people in the industry to join our team of veterans. If you're excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon's ecosystem, including AWS and Twitch, we want to talk to you.
As an SDET on a Lumberyard Feature Team, you will design and define our QA processes and develop repeatable and automatable QA systems. You will work with Product Managers, QAEs, SDETs, and SDEs on our internal game and AWS technology teams to understand features and technical implementation. You will identify use cases, create test plans, define test strategies, and create qualitative and automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. You will guide SDEs in building the right unit and functional tests, define and measure Quality KPIs, and develop automation to enable Continuous Integration & Continuous Testing on the Lumberyard software.
If you want to deliver high quality releases for state-of-the-art game technology, Amazon Game Services is the place for you. As an SDET at Amazon you are not a pure black box tester; you must be able to understand software internals, debug problems, and automate repetitive tasks with scripting tools or user-level automation tools. You are also the customer advocate and owner of the customer experience for our product. Most importantly, you enable good quality engineering practices among the Development team.
The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with developers and QA Engineers to enable them to develop automation and Continuous Integration of code, enjoys finishing projects, and obsesses about the quality of the Game Engine constantly. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited by "that's not how we do things here." You'll have an opportunity to work on a Game Engine that push the boundaries of technology. You'll have a tangible impact on our engine, our games, our business and -- most importantly -- our customers. And you'll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
In this role, you will:
* Create the testing strategy and test plans for large feature areas of Lumberyard
* Develop functional and integration automation tests
* Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
* Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
* Code review developer unit and functional tests to ensure code and functionality coverage with high value tests
* Drive and advocate for best engineering quality practices
* Partner with the SDM of the team to ensure features are delivered quickly with quality
* Identify, investigate, and propose test solutions for game services and technical features.
* Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.