The SAP HCM Payroll Functional Analyst works in the Functional Tower of the SAP Competency Center to develop and maintain the SAP and related systems configuration both in SAP core configuration, transports, development, and reporting, and must have strong experience in SAP Payroll configuration and processing. The candidate will maintain the configuration and source code in a manner consistent with company policies. Works collaboratively to deliver exceptional operational support. Assists business staff in developing, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance. SAP Functional Analyst will comply with all the change control procedures, work instructions, and standard operating procedures in support of existing functionality, requested enhancements, and the development of new functionality. Contributes to the maintenance of these procedures including continuous improvement to maintain SAP as a SOX compliant solution. SAP Functional Analyst will collaborate, train and mentor other Competency Center staff on Payroll and Time team.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Configures SAP HCM PR system including Payroll, Time, Benefits, Organization Management, Personnel Administration, and ESS with a focus on Payroll configuration.
* Supports I/S Business Analysts with design, development, and solution management.
* Gathers and participates in requirement gathering sessions with users and sponsors to define and document functional specifications, including: configuration, enhancements, custom programs, reports, and forms.
* Authors and communicates business process designs, business systems designs and system test plans.
* Performs technical walk-through with development teams.
* Identifies gaps in business process mappings.
* Presents, discusses, and demos SAP Best Practices.
* Works on Upgrade projects planning and execution.
* Supports the development team members during detailed design and coding phase.
* Works with Quality Assurance team to conduct functional testing of implemented applications.
* Authors scripts and performs Unit, Regression, and Integration testing.
* Adheres to team and departmental development standards.
* Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
* Demonstrates a high level of communication skills, verbal and written.
* Mentors less experienced team members on SAP configuration concepts and tool suite.
* Participates in team activities and team planning in regards to improving team skills, awareness, and quality of work.
* Responsible for continued personal growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and Costco policies and platforms.
* 7/24 on-call rotational support.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* 5+ years experience configuring SAP in a professional environment on SAP ERP 6.0 HCM, with strong level on Payroll configuration and processing.
* 5+ years experience supporting and troubleshooting United States and/or Canadian HR/Payroll processes and issues.
* Strong understanding of SAP Payroll, Overpayment recovery, Garnishments, Deductions, Taxes, BSI, and SAP Retro calculation functionality.
* Strong knowledge of related business and implementation processes with SAP HCM.
* Good understanding of integration between SAP modules.
* Ability to be proactive and can assume full responsibility of module development activities.
* Self-motivated, flexible, openness to learn new things, and strong focus on customer needs.
* Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and exhibit an excellent sense of urgency.
* Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners to implement SAP system installation, modification, and enhancements.
* Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
* Ability to prioritize, monitor, and manage the progress of tasks.
* Good understanding of corporate IT policies, procedures, and standards.
* Good decision-making skills.
* Must be available to work nights and weekends, and perform on-call support as scheduled and needed.
* Experience with full life-cycle implementation projects.
* Experience in successful project implementation and follow-up.
* Very strong understanding of HR and Payroll best practices for SAP.
* Deep knowledge of enterprise-level applications including ERP.
* ABAP for HR/Payroll and debug experience a plus.
* Team leadership and role-model.
* Canada localization experience a plus.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.