The QA position is responsible for adhering to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards, overseeing and/or participating in all aspects of project testing, overseeing IS POS QA test environments, providing technical guidance to less senior QA team members, and ensuring schedule adherence for assigned projects. This position will work closely with POS development to help with unit testing and ensure an understanding of code changes up front and then with POS deployment to ensure there is training and a clean hand off of changes to support. This position will collaborate with Warehouse Solutions, Networking, Membership (CRM), Middleware & Integration, Enterprise QA, and Ancillary teams.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Participates in requirements & uses case reviews. * Provides accurate estimates for QA resources and testing schedules. * Responsible for creating and gaining project approval on project test plans. * Responsible for creating and/or overseeing the creation and approval of project test cases. * Responsible for overseeing or generating all QA-related documentation. * Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the POS lab, equipment and storage areas. * Responsible for creating and maintaining QA environments within Costco and as needed with vendor partners. * Responsible for assisting with requirement tracing through the test cycle process. * Initiating, developing, updating new and or existing documentation, processes, service tickets and training. * Ensures adherence to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards. * Collaborates with Development to resolve defects uncovered during testing cycles. * Coordinates in-house, external and UAT testing and certification processes. * Responsible to be innovative on how to automate or improve our QA processes. * Responsible for helping to mentor and develop other members of the IS QA team. * Responsible for being familiar with source code, version management, and code deployment standards and for utilizing this knowledge to ensure that QA processes and procedures for test environments are followed and that the integrity of the various environments is not compromised. * Responsible for assisting with standardized reporting and QA metrics. * Weekly QA status reports.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* Minimum 4 years software quality assurance experience. * Strong knowledge of HP ALM and similar QA test tools. * Strong knowledge of a typical SDLC, SOA and/or DevOps methodology. * Experience working on QA teams as part of agile processes and methodologies. * Must be a self starter, with the ability to work independently, with different groups and teams, utilizing solid communication skills. * Must be available to support the business as needed including nights, weekends, after hours and on-call. * Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills. * Excellent testing resource planning and test scheduling skills. * Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases. * Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards.
* Minimum 4 years experience testing in one or more of the following environments: 4690 OS supported application ie. IBM/TGCS SA, ACE, GSA, Chain Drug and/or Windows Server 2003/2008 POS Applications ie. NCR, Retalix, Wincor, Fujitsu, Cash recycling solutions, PDX, CHEC, Price Checkers, Payment solutions (integrated and semi-integrated). * Working knowledge of Toshiba 4690 regression tools. * Working knowledge of MQ and DIF and system messaging. * Working knowledge of Toshiba 4690 POS hardware. * Working knowledge of integrated POS ordering systems. * Strong understanding and working knowledge of PCI, SOX and Data Governance. * Demonstrated knowledge of Costco business areas including but not limited to - Buying, Membership and Warehouse Front End. * Minimum 2 years hands-on experience using regression automation tools. * 2 years experience creating test automation scripts. * 2-plus years as a test lead preferred. * 2-plus years experience with MS SQL Server or DB2 and the ability to write basic SQL queries. * Experience with multiple Costco business areas/systems. * Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred . * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.