We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Job Family Group
Job Profile Summary
Within Enterprise, the Retail Networks team has a responsibility for delivery of an evergreen, fully elastic, agile & globally consistent set of Retail Network Services that are adaptive to constantly changing business priorities & customer expectations. These services span over 16,000 retail fuel stations in 16 countries.
Embed within BP's Retail Network team to operate the core services supporting the Current and Future Retail Network
The Retail Network Operations Support Specialist plays a key role in the support of BP's retail networks. A successful candidate has a deep passion for technology and networking and can leverage improved monitoring capabilities and new technologies to solve diverse customer concerns. Familiar with adjacent technology areas like retail payment platforms and fluent in digital security and compliance, the analyst can embed within an end-to-end Retail service to rapidly develop new capability and deliver value to internal and external customers. Cognizant of the breadth of impact inherent in at-scale operations, a successful candidate knows how to assess risk and build in controls to ensure delivery at-pace does not conflict with operational stability. Above all, they have a passion for removing friction from process and always seek faster and safer ways of driving change.
Enterprise designs, builds and operates BP's core IT services. It is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the technology people rely on every day to do their job; these services include; computers, telephones, email, wireless, conferencing; helpdesk support for end-users of services; and the design, build and operation of BP's IT&S infrastructure and systems, such as data centers and networks.
* Embed within BP's Retail Network team to operate the core services supporting the Current and Future Retail Network
* Support the rapid provisioning of Retail Sites in the Americas to enable a dynamic Retail business
* Support the end-to-end network service that allows for standard business outcomes as well as ad-hoc requirements from a wide dealer base
* Provide analysis of retail network traffic within sites and at scale to maintain service availability across multiple suppliers
* Document and maintain standards and diagrams for connectivity and security solutions at customer, site and estate levels
* Provide technical support on problems related to Network LAN and WAN architecture.
* Identify and address chronic issues impacting supplier performance
* Respond to Network Anomaly and Security events detected by network suppliers and Digital Security Operations Centres to identify, reconfigure or remove rogue and malicious devices
* Provide proactive monitoring and notification to stakeholders of critical network events
* Relevant degree (Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Management of Information Systems (MIS), Mathematics or other hard science) from a recognized institute of higher education or equivalent experience
* Strong understanding of firewall policies and network segregation
* Experience with modern Wi-Fi and LAN solution
* Previous or current network certifications and direct network analyst experience
* Functional knowledge and familiarity with key concepts of adjacent domains (Retail Payment Technologies, IoT, PCI Compliance)
* Understanding of Digital Security, Firewall and LAN segmentation best practices
* Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
British Petroleum (BP) is an oil and petrochemical company that operates upstream, downstream, and renewables businesses.