We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Job Family Group
Job Profile Summary
BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models. You are the Designer for our most critical projects or services. A technologist at heart, you build compelling services and products. You will motivate a project delivery team to deliver robust and cost-effective IT solutions. You will stay ahead of innovative technologies and demonstrate your understanding through effective and rapid delivery. The choices you make will define the fitness for purpose of our IT capabilities and ultimately the success of our business.
Team: You will work as part of a delivery team and play an integral role in building the team's skillset including your own. You will grow and develop the capability of your team by helping to design and deliver the most Agile and commercially cost-effective solutions. Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every day.
Design: You rigorously identify and facilitate the development of solutions which aim to optimize and re-use business capabilities. You will care passionately about the integrity of the IT capabilities you develop. You will work with the support teams to gather business requirements and will build and develop technical solutions to support these.
Relationships: You will contribute to the solution building process by ensuring it is well-understood by key stakeholders and colleagues from within and outside the business. You will develop a strong working rapport with other team members to drive innovative initiatives. The role requires ability to influence and inspire change in a positive, impactful way.
Technology: You have a passion for understanding and learning. You will bring good hands-on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess and identify the potential of new technologies with a commercial mindset. A keen interest in emerging technologies and desire to help shape our digital vision is essential.
Safety and Compliance: The safety of our people and customers is our highest priority. We will champion a culture of operational safety and ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance and improve our digital security.
* Bachelor's (or higher) degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science and/or relevant work experience.
* 5+ years experience in a relevant role or roles. 2+ years hands on working experience on the GE APM platform.
* You'll have a background in system design with real-world experience of designing and delivering large IT projects. You love envisaging the art of the possible and making that a reality.
* You have functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved and diving into delivery challenges.
* You achieve exceptional project outcomes in a respectful and supportive culture.
* You have a proven grasp of development and design thinking in an Agile environment. You adapt delivery techniques to drive outstanding project delivery.
* Experience in Vb.net; SQL Server Reporting and Analysis Services; Jscript; GE Digital APM and Knowledge of Interfaces for GE Digital APM platform; Knowledge on APM Connect and Talend platform would be beneficial
* Awareness of the following:
* Maximo; SAP PM; Sharepoint; Documentum; OSI Soft PI
* Software experience with Meridium 3.6 and 4.3 APM modules is preferred
* GE Digital APM Certification for the process areas covering the areas (Strategy, Integrity) would be preferred.
* Working in Manf. industry is preferred and any experience in the Reliability program would be beneficial.
* You have worked with architects and designers to adopt reference architecture is preferred.
* You bring deeper and more comprehensive experience, specifically in more complex and bigger projects and in managing people is preferred.
You have good interpersonal skills including the ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
This scale serves as a guide for the expected proficiency for this role:
1 - Awareness - Fundamental awareness of subject area
2 - Basic - Limited experience in subject area
3 - Skilful - Experienced practitioner of subject area
4 - Mastery - Deep subject matter expertise
5 - Expert - Leading Authority in the subject area
* Requirements Definition and Management
* Systems Design
* Technical Specialism
* Professional Development
* Systems Integration
* Emerging Technology Monitoring
* User Experience Analysis
* Business Risk Management
* Capacity Management
* Network Design
* Service Acceptance
* Systems Development Management
* Business Modelling
* Data Analysis
* Database Design
Leadership and EQ:
* You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
* You are an effective team player, looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, while understanding cultural differences.
* You continually enhance your self-awareness and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
* Well organized, you balance proactive and reactive approaches and multiple priorities to complete tasks on time.
* You apply judgment and common sense - you use insight and good judgment to inform actions and respond to situations as they arise.
* You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
British Petroleum (BP) is an oil and petrochemical company that operates upstream, downstream, and renewables businesses.