We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Job Family Group
Job Profile Summary
BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models.
You are a Software Engineering Specialist who works within a team to provide innovative, custom built software to BP colleagues and external users. This custom software either supports revenue earning activity or helps reduce costs within BP functions by automating manual activity. Ultimately, this work will help us become a digital leader in our sector, so we can drive energy transition and solve real-world problems.
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
Team: Developing the capability of your teams to deliver the most agile solutions is one of your top priorities. Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every single day. Working across the team you will identify, assess and manage risks that may affect the success of the project.
Relationships: You will develop and maintain a series of internal and external stakeholder relationships and support project delivery. You will work with the team to get the most value from current applications and emerging technologies, leading technical thinking across a wide range of technologies. The role requires ability to influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way.
Software Engineering: You will develop the capabilities of your team of software engineers and business analysts to help them create commercially cost-effective solutions. You will help design, test and operate custom built or customised IT solutions aimed at improving business delivery processes. You will act in accordance with professional engineering practices, including Internet protocols, coding standards and reviews, source control management, design and operations processes.
Technology: You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for and ensuring best practice is shared across the team.
Safety and Compliance: Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
* Tertiary education and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
* Programming/Software Development
* Requirements Definition and Management
* System Design
* Technical Specialism
* Emerging Technology Monitoring
* Methods and Tools
* Application Support
* Data Design
* Business Analysis
* Quality Management
* Release and Deployment
* Systems Integration
* Porting/Software Configuration
* Capacity Management
* Data Analysis
* Software Engineering
Leadership and EQ
* You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
* You are an effective team player, looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, while understanding cultural differences.
* You continually enhance your self-awareness and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
* Well organized, you balance proactive and reactive approaches and multiple priorities to complete tasks on time.
* You apply judgment and common sense - you use insight and good judgment to inform actions and respond to situations as they arise.
* You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
BP (British Petroleum) is an oil and petrochemicals company.