Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We're looking for a Research Engineer to join our Perception team at Snap Inc! Working from our New York City, NY or Seattle, WA office, you'll apply the latest research in machine learning and computer vision in creative ways to create new product experiences for Snapchat.
What you'll do:
* Apply the latest research in machine learning and computer vision to develop innovative technology to power Snapchat products
* Work closely with software engineers to bring prototypes to production
* Masters/PhD in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent industry experience
* Publications in top-tier conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NIPS, ICML
* Expertise in one or more of the following: deep learning, large-scale visual search, distributed training, image classification, object detection, semantic segmentation
* Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, or related deep learning frameworks
* 2+ years of industry engineering or research and development experience
* Strong coding skills in Python or C/C++
* Solid understanding of the production machine learning workflow
* Experience building large-scale machine learning systems or computer vision applications
* A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
About Snapchat (Snap)
Snap provides technology and social media services.