Search for more jobs
* Job: 21154-BHAM
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: New Graduates Program
Would you like to join a fast-paced, dynamic build/release team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems? Are you a Build or Release Engineer who is dedicated to helping Engineers do their job faster and easier? Would you like to work with MathWorks cutting edge technology to build, test, and integrate our products? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you. Come join a talented team responsible for building and releasing of the MATLAB and Simulink product family on schedule. We are accountable for maintaining the integrity of source code in Perforce, helping to resolve build and test issues, integrating and merging code, and overseeing the continuous integration system. We are looking for a creative, energetic Release Engineer who is interested and passionate about driving innovation of release processes to new levels. You will gain valuable skills in commercial software SDLC, change management, building and deploying applications, and continuous integration systems.
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software (MATLAB and Simulink). Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on our products to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development. We have the time, funding, and culture to "do the right thing". As a privately-held company committed to continuous improvement, we have requirements driven -- not budget driven -- decision making processes.
As a Release Engineer you will help build and release MathWorks products by maintaining the source code repository, and collaborate with others to address issues in the continuous integration system. Tasks include:
* Investigate, debug, and resolve build and test issues in the continuous integration system.
* Integrate code between branches and resolve merges.
* Work with Engineering and QE to refine and improve the development process.
* Develop tools to improve the efficiency of the integration and release process.
* Assist Development with change management (e.g., adding new platforms, compiler updates, or operating systems changes).
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Experience with Perforce.
* Experience with a continuous integration system.
* Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills.
* Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* MATLAB programming / debugging skills.
* Quality Engineering experience.
* Scripting experience (Perl / Shell).
* Familiar with object-oriented programming languages (C++ / Java).
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.