Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be working closely with our Software Engineers, Business partners and Systems Engineers to ensure that a reliable, scalable and secure product is delivered. You will also have an opportunity to work with multitude of tools and technologies.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
* Collaborate with Software developers to drive improvements in code quality via QA testing
* Collaborate with team members to define, outline, develop, document, maintain the QA Tools and Test automation frameworks in a CD/CI environment.
* Plan and define testing approach, providing advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios
* Develop test cases, configurations and test data needed to meet testing of business requirements
* Execute test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software applications, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
* Monitor, and analyze quality assurance metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status
You are also expected to play a leadership role in,
* Recognizing opportunities to adopt creative testing technologies and techniques
* Look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
Are you up for the test?
* BS degree in Computer Science or a related Technology field
* 3 years' experience in Technology with emphasis on Quality Assurance and confirmed ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
* Hands-on experience with performance testing using tools like Jmeter and automation tools like Selenium and CI tools like Jenkins
* Experience with API Test automation, from code development to test execution
* Test experience in 2-3 areas: PaaS, IaaS, Networking, Databases, CI/CD, Web Application
You should also be
* A go-getter, eager to use and understand new technologies
* Detail oriented, with proven analytical skills and problem solving ability
* Can demonstrate dedication to quality and have a positive, collaborative approach to testing
* Self-motivated; always in the look-out for improvement opportunities and can work independently
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a multinational financial services corporation.