As a new addition to the American Express family, our team is working to develop additional ways to become an essential part of Card Members' digital lives by enabling travelers to discover, book, and access airport lounges worldwide. You will have the freedom, ownership, and speed of a startup with the backing, support, and resources of American Express.
We are growing our engineering team and are looking for a senior iOS engineer that can act as a peer to our existing senior iOS developers. You are someone experienced and extremely knowledgeable that enjoys problem solving and working within a multi disciplined team. You'll be working on our 2 primary iOS products: our public iOS app (over 500k downloads), and lounge-facing check in system (deployed in many lounges globally). In addition, you have real experience working at a high-scale startup.
We have some really exciting functionality to explore, especially around how these products interact as well as with external hardware (iBeacons, magnetic-card readers / NFC, barcode scanning).
Great candidates will have:
* Deep understanding of the iOS frameworks
* Solid grasp of software design patterns and why they are important.
* Know how to 'write less code'
* Ability to communicate complex software concepts well and enjoy those conversations
* Enjoy shipping often and getting your hard work in front of hundreds of thousands of users regularly
* Can communicate complex software concepts to people with a wide range of technical knowledge
* Thrive on teams with a congenial and collaborative approach to working through technical problems
* Takes an interest in the bigger picture, and how their current work fits into the team's larger goals
* Enjoys iterative, user-driven development that prioritizes user feedback
* Committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for colleagues of all backgrounds
* Enjoys contributing to the development of his or her peers by providing mentorship and support
* 4 years of iOS experience
* Experience with Swift 3
* Experience with Core Data, Bluetooth peripherals
* Experience with performance optimization using Instruments
* Bachelors Degree or experience equivalent
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as he company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
About American Express
American Express is a multinational financial services corporation.