The QA Analyst will test core business process applications within the Merchandising areas. The QA Analyst is responsible for adhering to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards, overseeing and/or participating in all aspects of project testing, overseeing IS QA test environments, providing technical guidance to less senior QA team members, and ensuring schedule adherence for assigned projects.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Participates in requirements and use case/user story reviews.
* Provides accurate estimates for QA resources and testing schedules.
* Responsible for creating and gaining project approvals on project test plans.
* Responsible for creating and/or overseeing the creation and approval of project test cases.
* Responsible for assisting with automating and executing automated test cases.
* Responsible for overseeing or generating all QA-related documentation.
* Ensures adherence to standardized QA policies, processes, and documentation standards.
* Executes test cases, defect management, and adherence to test schedule.
* May coordinate onshore and offshore testing.
* Responsible for helping to mentor and develop other members of the IS QA team.
* Responsible for UAT support and testing production defect fixes.
* Responsible for being familiar with source code, version management, and code deployment standards and for utilizing this knowledge to ensure that QA processes and procedures for test environments are followed and that the integrity of the various environments is not compromised.
* Attends any meetings as required to execute the project, provide status updates, or demo functionality to stakeholders.
* Provides weekly QA project status reports.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Minimum 3 years' software quality assurance experience.
* Minimum 3 years' experience testing in one or more of the following environments: Cloud based testing, UI testing, Functional testing, n-tier client/server, and RDBMS environments.
* Minimum 2 years' hands-on experience using HP, Mercury, IBM, or other industry standard SQA tools.
* Strong knowledge of a typical SDLC, agile, and SQA methodology.
* Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Excellent testing resource planning and test scheduling skills.
* Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases.
* Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards.
* Ability to Communicate and identify the risks associated with the project.
* Experience testing IBM BPM applications.
* 2 years' SQA experience working within an iterative development framework.
* 2 years' experience leading offshore testing a plus.
* 3-plus years' as a test lead preferred.
* 3 years' project management experience to include scheduling.
* 3 years' experience with MS SQL Server or DB2 and the ability to write basic SQL queries.
* Experience with multiple Costco business areas/systems.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.