Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global communications agency - we're an engagement agency. Our success is built on a deep commitment to our clients, our people, creativity, collaboration and engaging stakeholders in new and bold ways to build brand reputation and drive business results.
Weber Shandwick's Chicago office has a unique opportunity for a strategic, team-oriented Project Manager. The Project Manager will have accountability for deliverables on large-scale account(s) and serve as a collaborative business partner to team leads and agency finance, ensuring that a cross-practice approach is applied to all issues related to deliverable quality and fiscal health. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that the principles of continuous improvement are utilized throughout the program development and delivery, and that project teams use flexible project planning designed to support the creative and executional process.
Because the Associate Project Manager will serve as a contact for internal team members, agency practice and discipline leads, and outside vendors, the ideal candidate will have the ability to be a proactive, solutions-oriented, and operationally strategic partner.
* Work with team leadership to manage assigned projects in all phases of the delivery process; including intake, scoping, risk management and execution
* Understand and facilitate strategic process for digital programming including influencer engagement, paid media, and social content programming
* Ability to manage an integrated team for program development from strategic planning, to content development, and execution
* Visibility of new social media tools, especially in the digital, social media and community management
* Develop detailed project plans based on schedule, scope and timeline constraints
* Ensure that all deliverables are reviewed internally for quality control
* Contribute to SOW creation and change orders, owning sections as assigned related to deliverables, risks, assumptions and dependencies
* Produce detailed project plans for incoming projects, working with department leads to identify project tasks dependencies, risk and assumptions. Ensure that appropriate collaboration points are built into project plans
* Monitor project budget, scope, and schedule; work with team to mitigate identified risks
* Set the expectations for the project teams at large, communicating clear benchmarks, clarifying deliverables, and prioritizing tasks
* Collaborate with team members to craft and redefine processes to create new efficiencies and/or a better end product
* Set up projects and manage resource forecasting, timesheet approvals in agency tools, as requested.
* Support the delivery of high quality work on time and on budget
* 3-5 years of professional project management experience, preferably in a marketing, public relations, management consulting or advertising agency setting
* Familiarity with different types of programs and deliverables, such as strategic planning, creative ideation, website development, video, social and editorial content, digital marketing, event-based programs, and vendor management.
* Client-facing experience required
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members across multiple disciplines and levels, instilling confidence and trust in your abilities.
* Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a global public relations firm with offices in major media, business, and government capitals around the world.