When Weber Shandwick was formed we set out a mission that, by design, has no end date. We committed to be "engaging always." We knew then, and more so now, that being open, aspirational and entrepreneurial is what it takes to engage people and deliver business impact in a rapidly changing environment.
Our journey to date might surprise you. From a powerful PR base, we've built-in one of the world's largest, global social agencies. Then we added Mediaco, a pioneering, award-winning content consulting and publishing operation. And today, we continue to lead digital and advertising assignments for some of the world's most enduring companies and social causes.
Along the way, we've been validated repeatedly by Ad Age's "A List," creative leadership at Cannes Lions and global frontrunner status in the PR category. Yet despite our industry-leading status among marketing services agencies, we're still just getting started. We strive to bring our collective intelligence, open architecture model and continuous learning to our work, not to mention agility required to deliver it.
We're strategists, builders, analysts, producers, designers, creatives, technologists. And we unite around big ideas.
So "engaging always." is really about innovative change. And that's what we continue do every day, adding new dimensions and diverse talent to our mix across our network of more than 81 countries around the world.
We are looking for someone smart and tenacious. Someone that loves to be in the middle of creating and building things. Someone that loves collaborating with creative, account, technology and strategy. And most importantly someone that wants to put their project management and production skills to work driving corporate programs for some of the worlds most beloved consumer brands.
What You Will Be Doing:
* Create and manage all deliverable timelines
* Oversee and coordinate internal creative teams and resources
* Support budgeting and general account financial and scope management
* Work closely with account leads to support major campaigns and ongoing content & creative needs
* Understands and has the ability to explain (internally and to clients) best practices and process for achieving highest quality work across multiple types of digital deliverables.
* Ability to form strategic partnership with Account leads, knows how to scale a program to meet client needs, estimating work and level of effort accurately.
* Ability to adjust deliverables and define them in detail in SOWs. Should be able to significantly contribute to keeping clients and projects on track so there are no overages.
* A very strong understanding of the steps/deliverables needed by teams to create and deliver UX, Design, Copy/Content and Tech deliverables for a complex digital program. Experience negotiating and managing vendors as needed.
* Has a strong understanding of different technologies used in developing different types of web platforms, and be able to accurately estimate effort needed to plan and execute projects using those technologies (with input from a Tech Lead).
* Ability to develop detailed staff plans, project plans or work breakdown structures, for complex digital platforms, or across multiple work streams for larger digital programs.
* Knows when a change order is needed and works with account team to communicate the change proactively to the client (before it is too late to ask for more funds).
* Creates and maintains key project documentation to a very detailed level - the PM is the owner of making sure all details are accurate and included where needed across all project deliverables (even ones the PM does not draft).
* Responsible for overall project financial management and risk mitigation. Responsible for all project financial documentation (SOW, budget worksheets, IOA instructions, burn reports, change orders, forecasting revenue).
* Ability to also provide this level of financial management across an entire account with multiple projects or work streams if needed, however this may be done in partnership with an account team.
* Responsible for escalating any issues (whether internal or with the client).
* Knows how to loop in junior support or senior support as needed, keeps PM manager informed of all project/accounts the PM is managing. Reviews estimates/SOWs with PM manager and discipline leads before finalizing.
* Effective resource management in collaboration with discipline leads and with network resource managers. PMs should be anticipating resource needs, as well as controlling expectations with internal teams and clients around how quickly resources may or may not be available.
* Responsible for keeping all resource allocations up to date for current week and forecasted out 2-3 months (including for yourself) - could involve a local resource allocation tool/spreadsheet and also may need to contribute to shared NA resource allocation tools. Should also update Chemist forecasts each month for projects they are PMing.
* One of the most important aspects of being a Senior PM is the ability to be the conductor of the project/team and be a proactive, solution-oriented, and strategic leader (not reactive).
* Another key aspect of Senior PM leadership is the ability to set expectations from the beginning of the project, and when issues arise to find solutions without compromising quality, team morale, or budget - turning challenging situations into a win-win.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a global public relations firm with offices in major media, business, and government capitals around the world.