Location: Irving, TX
The QA Engineer will be responsible to ensure high level of quality and user experience on SiriusXM applications across various streaming platforms. The engineer will leverage their specialized experience in understanding of streaming platforms and SiriusXM applications to design, execute and document results of various test suites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Primary responsibility is to test the SiriusXM application across devices such as Mobile Devices, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Sony TV, Sonos, Amazon Echo Dot and other 10FT devices
* The Engineer will design and execute test suites that ensure every release shipped to customers is of highest quality.
* Utilize their experience and specialized knowledge of these platforms to perform root cause analysis on identified issues and clearly document test results.
* Document defects in release tracking tools such as JIRA with all information required for engineering team members to work on.
* Triaging issues using third party tools such as Charles Proxy, Fiddler, Xcode and Android studio.
* Work closely with the development teams to ensure that requirements and implementations are understood clearly in order to design accurate and comprehensive test cases.
* Code test cases per industry standards. Represent the customer in the design and test sessions.
* Participate in Scrum meetings to help keep the mobile app testing in sync with development activities of the Streaming Media Services engineering efforts.
* Document all test plans and release validation procedures.
* Work directly with Development, product and IT Ops on all phases of SDLC.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Science preferred, but will consider all 4 year programs.
* 5+ years of experience with mobile and 10FT streaming application testing is a must.
* Expert level understanding of iOS, Android and 10FT platforms and their integration points
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good understanding of cloud-based applications and application deployment
* Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
* Prior experience and knowledge of integration points for mobile platforms such as iOS, Android a must.
* Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objective.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* 5 plus years of directly related experience within mobile software
* Demonstrable knowledge of current mobile operating systems and 10FT devices.
* Minimum 1 year of experience with one or more of the following: Cocoa, Java, C++, Objective-C, Swift, Android SDK, other mobile SDKs
* Has delivered at least 1 product, preferably in an Agile Development team as QA or developer
* Experience with working with client-server architecture and RESTful services
* Must be able to derive test cases using design and requirements
* Strong working knowledge of mobile development environments.
* Analytics skills to debug issues using specialized tools like Charles proxy, Xcode, Android Studio)
* Working knowledge of UNIX, SQL and Postman tool
* Problem solving skills to perform detailed root cause analysis
* Must have knowledge to write test queries, troubleshoot and analyze results
* Experience in creating and executing (manual & automated) tests on mobile devices (Android/iOS)
* Experience working with SCRUM or Agile development environment a plus
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.